Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus ROG Strix Z270F + i7-7700k + R9 280x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I got shutdown working after disabling "Fix Shutdown" and "Halt Enabler" in Clover.
It worked when you unchecked "Fix Shutdown" and "Halt Enabler"?

I just did a new build very similar to this, except with a 1060 instead of the ATI using 10.13 as the base then upgrading to 10.13.1. I had a few issues:

1. Multibeast install went to the wrong device or something. The installed Clover wasn't usable so I continued to have to use the Unibeast stick to boot the system. Fixed by downloading/installing the latest Clover. Note that this was on the same disk as my previous Sierra install (without reformatting), so the issue may have been somewhere in the leftover files.
2. The NVidia web drivers wouldn't "stick". Every reboot, it came up with the default drivers. Fixed by re-installing Clover again and adding the FakeNVRam (or whatever it's called) option.

At this point, I had a crash-on-wake and still no audio or wifi. The audio is the next step, and monitor the crash-on-wake situation for future instances of it. Wifi... well... I have a PCI card I can put in which I know works.

Update: Audio was pretty easy installing the Voodoo stuff. I put the PCI WiFi card in and that works. Time will tell on the crash-on-wake.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Motherboard
Asus Strix H270F

CPU

Intel i7-7700k @ 5GHz

May be you can help...

Can i instal mac os mountain lion (10.8.5) on this
software?

Please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).

Can i instal mac os mountain lion (10.8.5) on this
software?
No, Kaby Lake hardware is not supported on Mountain Lion.
You will need macOS Sierra 10.12.6 or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back