Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
bombardier is correct. The HERO motherboards only have a Thunderbolt header on the motherboard which requires the ASUS ThunderboltEXII 3 PCIe card and to connect to that header and enable Thunderbolt 3. See ASUS' web site for more information.

bombardier is correct. The HERO motherboards only have a Thunderbolt header on the motherboard which requires the ASUS ThunderboltEXII 3 PCIe card and to connect to that header and enable Thunderbolt 3. See ASUS' web site for more information.

Hero has USB3.1 and USB C ports that built in. By the way, I have also installed ThunderboltEXII 3. and it doesn't seems working

Hero has USB3.1 and USB C ports that built in. By the way, I have also installed ThunderboltEXII 3. and it doesn't seems working
I think it best you update your profile with system info and then post in the relevant board for help with that. I don't use Thunderbolt hardware in this build.

Hey Bombardier,

I finally upgraded from my first Hackintosh build in 2012. Mine is basically your model but with a 1080 card and R5 case. I followed your steps to the T up until the graphics portion ( I skipped the Fixing On-board Graphics step)

My problem is that my computer boots into using the OS X default graphics driver and won't use the Nvidia driver. Any ideas? thanks :)

Are you injecting Nvidia at boot? You could also turn off the nvda_drv=1 flag if you're running Sierra as that doesn't work anymore - NvidiaWeb is the newer parameter.

not injecting Nvidia nor do I have the nvda_dr=1 flag.
I found this: "Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked."

This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.

Fix:
setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

going to try this and see if it was the problem

UPDATE: That did the job! Thank you for posting your guide. Now I am off to complete it.

Last edited:
Nice work. I assumed you had the same mobo as me, but glad that solved your problem.

Update: This JUSTOP WiFi/BT card didn't appear to work. It uses an Apple BCM943602CS module. The card is seen OK, and details in IOReg look correct, but it refused to connect to any of my WiFi networks. I tried b, g and n, with/without security, and nothing. Bluetooth was also similarly recognised, but AirDrop didn't work. I may have had a duff card, but I've sent it back and have a Fenvi FV-T919 on back-order. Will update again once that arrives.

Hi and thanks for the great tutorial. For some reason, I am getting low Unigine scores. Would you be able to share some thoughts on how I can fix that? I have the GTX 1070 and getting a score of about 1,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back