Register

[Success] Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI Z390 + i9-9900K + GTX 1070

Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wi-fi)
CPU
i9900k
Graphics
NVIDIA 1660 Ti
Got the RX580, I have another question now. Since I have HS 10.13.6 running with NVIDIA 1660 Ti now. Would you suggest installing RX580 and then re-installing Catalina over it or Just installing RX580, updating GPU kexts to reflect AMD and then updating to Catalina? Would a clean install be better compared to doing all the updates?

Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 (Wi-fi)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
A few of you said you got the Bluetooth and Wifi to work. Are you using the onboard or add-on card? If onboard, how did you get it to work as I thought there was no way to? If add-on which did you go with?

I didn't buy anything yet since I wanted to make sure I got this running first. After many weeks of aggravation (and almost giving up), I finally got a booting version of High Sierra. I started with Mojave but so many problems, and I'm just learning. Now that I got the hang of it I'm debating Mojave (maybe on another SSD so I don't lose what I got). Still a lot to fix:
  1. Bluetooth
  2. Ethernet (prefer over wifi)
  3. Shutdown not actually powering down.
  4. Audio
  5. Sleep mode not working

I'd love to get the onboard BT working if there is a way so I can finally use my magic keyboard and Magic TrackPad. PC keyboard and mouse stink (not to mention the cables, ugh).

I've read posts for most of the remaining but having issues and starting to think I have problem with the Clover Configurator.

Please let me know about the BT that would be VERY helpful.

Thanks

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
hello everyone, I have the same motherboard, I followed the guides and configurations but unfortunately the installations always hangs, you could share a working efi thanks a lot

Motherboard
Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 (Wi-fi)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hello everyone, I have the same motherboard, I followed the guides and configurations but unfortunately the installations always hangs, you could share a working efi thanks a lot
Just giving the files may not help you. I had that problem twice and found all the information by searching the forums. First time was because of the graphics card setting in the bios (if memory serves me correctly). Second time was because I was using a USB 3.1 port. Use a USB 2.0 port regardless of the drive speed (again if memory serves me correctly). So as you see it really depends on where it's stopping. :)

Make sure to turn debug/verbose on (I think those were the two if I remember correctly) so you can see where it is stopping. Search the forums with specifics to where it's stopping and you'll get past it.

I'm going to give a plug here too. The forums are great. I never built one or had any knowledge before and learned a lot here. Facing problems also helps understand just how everything works. In fact I'm still learning. Fixed my issues above (again by reading and learning). Just need to create a custom SSDT for the USB ports which I'm working on now.