Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
The only thing not working is the Audio. I updated the image from 10.13.6 from the Asus Z170-I to Mojave. It seems that the Audio patch using Multibeast is just not working for me....
Later: Some success in now I do have Optical out working, but still no Line Out/Internal Speakers option

Update: OK. I have Line Out -> c/sub and Line Out -> Rear as marked on the panel working. Internal Speakers -> Line Out does not seem to work... Not sure why, but this is workable. I'll need to hunt around on the site for the answer...

Thanks... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO (WIFI/BT)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I have pretty much this exact build except I have a custom water loop.

Working
10.13.6 with WiFi (TP-Link Archer T6E installed and worked no issue)​
App Store​
HDMI out​
USB​
Sleep and wake​

Not Working
No sound​
Not able to restart​
No dual monitor​
No Bluetooth​

That is a start of the list so far.

I'd like to get the dual monitor, audio and restart up now.

When I restart, it gets hung up on the USB.

I still need to enter nv_disable=1 to boot.
I've installed the web driver, and it shows up in my top bar but can't restart properly to install.

I used UniBeast, MultiBeast and an EFI file from this thread.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok, I'm all working...at least what I've tried. Would installation of Mojave be a smooth transition?
My machine seems to be running louder, Is this normal?
My CPU GHz is showing but not the actual name of my CPU. How do I fix this?
I can shutdown and restart but I can't wake up from sleep. How do I resolve this?

View attachment 380304
how did you get shutdown and restart. I'm struggling with this?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (WiFi)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just in case anybody is reading this thread and trying to figure out Bluetooth is not working with the WiFi version on the ROG Maximus XI. I have tip to share.

The issue I see is that using the SHIFT-OPTION click on the Bluetooth menu near the clock always show 00-00-00-00. To fix this I just boot into a Windows drive I have enabled for the same machine. Add a Bluetooth device (or maybe just make sure its turned on in Windows). Reboot back into macOS, and it will magically now have an address and your Apple Bluetooth devices can be added.

I don't need WiFi. I always use a Ethernet cable, but I like the convenience of the built in Bluetooth. It works on my Z170-I for the last 3+ yrs...

(I actually have the Broadcom card here (not the PCIe full card). I just never needed to install it!

The only thing not working is the Audio. I updated the image from 10.13.6 from the Asus Z170-I to Mojave. It seems that the Audio patch using MultiBeast is just not working for me....
Are you using onboard WiFi/BT or an add-on card?

My current build leverages the Fenvi card for WiFi/BT, and it worked 'out the box' upon initial install of Mojave (on 10.14.3 as of right now). Although, a good thing to note that with the 15 USB port limit you must play around with 'available' hard USB ports at the bios level for the BT part to work as it goes through the mobo header. This was hit or miss for me until it 'just worked'. Easily broken if you go back and play with available USBs in the ROG Bios.

I have sound working perfectly fine on all sources HDMI (to two Raven MTI2 head-units as well as a 3rd 4k TCL TV), Digital I/O, Line, a Komplete Audio controller, AND an X32 Rack mixer which functions as a DAW. The HDMI sound was broken at first, but adjusting from the Clover Devices tab: Audio Inject some trial/error values specific to known working ALC122x, saving the updated config to EFI and a reboot solved it. You can google up some guides.

Hth.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok so now I'm all up and running. Wifi, bluetooth, airdrop, dual monitors, restart, sleep and wake up, sound etc. Thanks for the help here and on Facebook group hackintosh I now have a fully functional hackintosh.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all,
I'm buying my second hackintosh and I have the next components:

CPU: 9700K
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16 GB 3000 Mhz
GPU: Asus Radeon Vega 56

I bought a motherboard before, to follow Stork's guide (maximus X Hero), but I've to send it back to Amazon.
Now I'm going to buy a new motherboard and my first idea is to buy Maximus XI Hero to avoid flash the bios, but learn the entire post and i'm not sure if this motherboard is fully compatible or not due to the freezing issues.

- Could I follow the guide at the first page or need anything else ?

Thanks in advance

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I have the ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO WiFi/Bluetooth version with a I9-9900.K

I am saying that it is working great on High Sierra 10.13.6 (Nvidia video card).

I needed WiFi and Bluetooth card as the onboard doesn't work.

Other than that it runs amazing and cool.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
djl75
Thanks for the info.