Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NorthAmTransAm, I am planning to swap my B360 Aorus mobo with Z370-A II. I won't be using any Thunderbolt cards. I thought the Z370s are mostly OOB working but see lots of posts on USB mapping issues. I did my current mapping (B360 has only one controller) using Dortania USB mapping guide (Intel method) and getting 10Gbps speed vis USB 3.1 gen 2.
Are the issues related to Thunderbolt card or just the Intel/Asmedia controllers in this mobo in general?
I've moved on to a Z690 build.

However, the ASUS Prime Z370-A II was an excellent board with no issues for USB. I've mapped it all out well here.

The ASMEDIA controller issue was resolved with a kext to connect it to the correct driver. A very dependable build and you can save yourself lots of research and time by using post 1 here.

Good luck!

Let me know if you need the recent EFI and I'll upload it here.

@NorthAmTransAm, I am planning to swap my B360 Aorus mobo with Z370-A ii. I won't be using anyThunderbolt cards. I thought the Z370s are mostly OOB working but see lots of posts on USB mapping issues. I did my current mapping (B360 has only one controller) using Dortania USB mapping guide (Intel method) and getting 10Gbps speed vis USB 3.1 gen 2.
Are the issues related to Thunderbolt card or just the Intel/Asmedia controllers in this mobo in general?
This EFI is from an older version of OC, probably 070. It's fine.

Also note that if you purchase the Asus ThunderboltEX3 Alpine Ridge card then you can get a full Thunderbolt Bus without the need for flashing it. It doesn't get better than that. Great build, fully mapped and documented.

Add your own platform info and do not change SMBIOS.

Attachments

• EFI Z370.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 91
This EFI is from an older version of OC, probably 070. It's fine.

Also note that if you purchase the Asus ThunderboltEX3 Alpine Ridge card then you can get a full Thunderbolt Bus without the need for flashing it. It doesn't get better than that. Great build, fully mapped and documented.

Add your own platform info and do not change SMBIOS.

I am only getting 5Gbps speed (Type A) and 480 Mbps (Type C) on the Asmedia controller. Tried Asmedia kext, rename SSDT and without it. I also have to enable disablertcchecksum quirk to avoid BIOS post issues after shutdown.
The Gigabyte B360 I had before worked with no issues - showed 10Gbps with my external 3.1 gen 2 drive. So, might be an issue with mapping Asmedia controller.

I am only getting 5Gbps speed (Type A) and 480 Mbps (Type C) on the Asmedia controller. Tried Asmedia kext, rename SSDT and without it. I also have to enable disablertcchecksum quirk to avoid BIOS post issues after shutdown.
The Gigabyte B360 I had before worked with no issues - showed 10Gbps with my external 3.1 gen 2 drive. So, might be an issue with mapping Asmedia controller.
Good catch. I mapped those just for fun.

Do they get full speed with the RP05 map disabled? I unfortunately don't have this build anymore.

I checked the speeds in Windows boot, and I see those reduced speeds as well. Something related to BIOS or motherboard I guess.

Edit: I swapped another cable and I am seeing 10gbps in both type A and type C ports. No usb mapping or asmedia kexts are needed for the asmedia controller.

Last edited:
Hello..I have the same motherboard and CPU as your previous build since you said you don't have it anymore...with 6600 XT graphics card and a Fenvi 1200 Bluetooth/wifi card. Please, please, I am a novice, and I am trying to build my first mackintosh. Any advice on what to change in your EFI folder, and how do I update it to the latest OpenCore 0.8.5?

Your build the the closest to what I have, without the Thunderbolt. Thank you.
post 1 has all the information you need

I miss this build a lot. So stable and simple.
I may be hackintoshing my:

soon, so may check this out :)

Nice! This should still apply to a lot of it. I remember one hang up around the time of Big Sur where the wrong ASMEDIA driver would load. Other than, all good. Have fun.

Nice! This should still apply to a lot of it. I remember one hang up around the time of Big Sur where the wrong ASMEDIA driver would load. Other than, all good. Have fun.
thanks for that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back