Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!!!

If you'd like to give it a try you should grab the OC 065 folder and give it a shot. It'll need to have a few changes but I can walk you through it no problem. Just let me know.

Hey, can you check IOJones (or IOReg) to make sure your USB ports were mapped out?
The OC 065 is for Big Sur only, correct, or will it work with Catalina? I'll give it a shot now that I know I have a working EFI!

The OC 065 is for Big Sur only, correct, or will it work with Catalina? I'll give it a shot now that I know I have a working EFI!

Correct but remember--Kext, Drivers, and SSDT's must be added to their folders and also to the Config. I'll check your work for you if you'd like.

Re Catalina, I thinking it will work. My Catalina is a clone from my MBP and something is off.

Something is wrong with my IOJones lately and I cant open anyones file. Hmm. In the meantime scroll down until use see XHC follow by HS03, HS04, HS05...and so on. Screenshot.

Correct but remember--Kext, Drivers, and SSDT's must be added to their folders and also to the Config. I'll check your work for you if you'd like.

Re Catalina, I thinking it will work. My Catalina is a clone from my MBP and something is off.

Something is wrong with my IOJones lately and I cant open anyones file. Hmm. In the meantime scroll down until use see XHC follow by HS03, HS04, HS05...and so on. Screenshot.
This?

Attachments

• XHC@14.png
    [email protected]
    51.9 KB · Views: 39

Thats it but its not quite right. Can you check that XHCI Limit is disabled in Clover Config and that you've replaced your USBMap with the one I sent earlier, USBMap183.kext.

XHCI PortLimit box is unchecked in Quirks which I assume means disabled? I removed your USBMap kext and replaced it with USBMap183.kext. Once it was in the EFI folder I changed the name to USBMap, should I have left it as USBMap183?

Hmm, strange. Somethings up. Can you send your EFI back to me?

Also, could you try using IOReg instead of IOJones and send me that instead? App attached.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    227.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi.
I've been using Clover High Sierra for close to four years. The software I use now requires version updates from me, so I decided to switch to Mojave because it still provides 32-bit support. But the programs I use are my presets and it is quite tiring to create my installed layout from scratch. For this reason, I want to make a directly updatable installation in case a similar incident occurs later, so I will not encounter the same situation again.

As a result of my research, I learned that this can be done by installing Opencore to an APSF formatted disk instead of Clover.
I want to keep my operating systems on two separate disks as GPT on one disk and Mojave (500GB) on my other disk as Windows (128GB).

Windows 10 installed on 128GB SSD disk.
Clover High Sierra is installed on the 500GB SSD disk.
I want to format my 500GB SSD disk and install Opencore Mojave into it during installation.

My System;
Asus Prime Z370-A
İntel i5 8600K
UHD 630 + (Saphire Nitro+ rx580 8GB) (for now i am only using uhd 630 but later i want to be able to use my external graphics card)
16GB 3200Mhz DDR4
500GB SSD + 128GB SSD
Zalman R1 Tower

I prepared the installation images.
I edited the config.plist for Coffee Lake.
I edited my BIOS settings.

But I get an error while installing.

I am uploading the log file and error screen created by Opencor here.
I also upload the EFI folder I use to here.

I would be glad if you could help.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-01-26-143743.txt
    256 KB · Views: 40
  • EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 46
  • Kernel Panic.jpg
    Kernel Panic.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi.
I've been using Clover High Sierra for close to four years. The software I use now requires version updates from me, so I decided to switch to Mojave because it still provides 32-bit support. But the programs I use are my presets and it is quite tiring to create my installed layout from scratch. For this reason, I want to make a directly updatable installation in case a similar incident occurs later, so I will not encounter the same situation again.

As a result of my research, I learned that this can be done by installing Opencore to an APSF formatted disk instead of Clover.
I want to keep my operating systems on two separate disks as GPT on one disk and Mojave (500GB) on my other disk as Windows (128GB).

Windows 10 installed on 128GB SSD disk.
Clover High Sierra is installed on the 500GB SSD disk.
I want to format my 500GB SSD disk and install Opencore Mojave into it during installation.

My System;
Asus Prime Z370-A
İntel i5 8600K
UHD 630 + (Saphire Nitro+ rx580 8GB) (for now i am only using uhd 630 but later i want to be able to use my external graphics card)
16GB 3200Mhz DDR4
500GB SSD + 128GB SSD
Zalman R1 Tower

I prepared the installation images.
I edited the config.plist for Coffee Lake.
I edited my BIOS settings.

But I get an error while installing.

I am uploading the log file and error screen created by Opencor here.
I also upload the EFI folder I use to here.

I would be glad if you could help.

I think you might have gotten a little lost on the way with the Opencore config.

I'll help you out though so long as you study it against my guide in post 1 and the Dortania site concurrently. Im not the bar by anymeans but I think it'll make sense.

First things first, can you open Finder and go to YourDrive/Library/Extensions and send me a screen shot?

In the old days we used to put Kext there but that practice has stopped. We need to find which kext dont belong and remove them.

XHCI PortLimit box is unchecked in Quirks which I assume means disabled? I removed your USBMap kext and replaced it with USBMap183.kext. Once it was in the EFI folder I changed the name to USBMap, should I have left it as USBMap183?

FYI Catalina works just fine. It was a bad drive clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back