Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed drive, no luck. Even went so far as to remove TB3 card and header and then put back. Card still running in PCI mode.

Since we both have Coffee Lake, I booted from your EFI (with my serial, etc). Still in PCI.

This is super suspicious.

Lets do a test then.

Disable the three patches, disable the SSDT.

Grab an SSDT from https://hackindrom.zapto.org and lets see if it will work in ICM mode.

So I tested all these and it seems like none of them let me hotplug the UAD. I noticed that if I disconnect the cable and put it back in quickly it will disconnect and reconnect but if i wait any more than 10 seconds it stops showing up until i restart. One thing that i noticed as well, if the mac goes into sleep mode i lose connection to it. I think i have to trouble shoot my sleep mode as well

I just noticed that https://hackindrom.zapto.org now has Asus ThunderboltEX3-TR in its drop down menu.

Dont forget, you'll need to do a Find and Replace All for RP21 and for device PXSX. I believe yours was PEG2 (maybe PEG3, you'll need to check) and device PEGP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.03.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.03.16 PM.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 33
It works - no hotplug though (not sure if that is supposed to work?)
Lets put the patches back and use my original SSDT then look at the Thunderbolt instead of PCI. Clean NVRAM as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.17.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.17.28 PM.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.17.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.17.33 PM.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 27
Hmm...we're missing something here. I don't know what could have changed either. Do you mind sending the EFI you're using right now and I'll dummy check it?

Hmm...we're missing something here. I don't know what could have changed either. Do you mind sending the EFI you're using right now and I'll dummy check it?

I'm running yours ATM

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back