Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm back and after a few days of running what I thought to be a stable Hackintosh build it's gone downhill and I'm feeling pretty ****ing lost and in over my head. :banghead:

So I'm essentially running into two problems:
  1. Kernel panics of a couple different varieties. I'm going to upload pictures of them and insert them here. One of them as a VoodooHDA panic. However, today I got one that was weird: "BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport" which I'd never seen before. I've finally gotten a Targus (i.e., the recomended) bluetooth USB, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Here's a couple pictures of recent ones. But now I'm getting panics way more frequently than I'd like - like once a day or sometimes even twice in a row. I do a lot of restarting because I dual boot Windows for video game purposes.
    View attachment 35645View attachment 35646
  2. Freezing at login: Last thing you'll see in the console is "Starting: NetworkBrowserAgent" and then it just freezes and needs a hard restart. :banghead:

Once everything is up and running, it runs great. I've figured out what few problems I was having, browsing is sweet, video games that work on the Apple side work perfectly, high power programs are fast and load great. It's just what I wanted. Once I figure this stuff out I'm going to very happy. But until then... :thumbdown: :banghead:

I have never seen that KP from a BT adapter and the one I have worked straight out the box. I would recommend starting over with a fresh build and follow my guide step by step using the files that I provided. I have not had any KP's since I built the system fresh about a month ago. I also frequently reboot my system since I dual boot into Windows for a lot of stuff. My system has been running flawlessly so give it a shot. If you experience any issues after a fresh rebuild, let me know and I will try to help.

THIS GUIDE ROCKS!! Everything works except the wake from sleep! Audio yes! Radion HD gfx yes! Bootloader FIX on my WD 10Krpm 250GB HD worked! I been trying to build a hackintosh for weeks. Went back to my ASUS P7P55D E lx with i5-750 and your guide = SUCCESS.

FYI. I bought the latest Gigabyte MB and Tonymac parts and it was a mess =FAIL. Made it my new windows 7 machine.

Any ideas on no wake issue? Bios ?

Hi Bud ^_^, I would like to ask if you tried to install a video card with HDMI port, mine is nVidia GT 240, and the same board as yours, I have a working hackintosh right now, but my only problem is that my HDMI is not working both A/V, every time I connect it to my TV whilst connected to a monitor through VGA, no display to my TV and my monitor goes black, but when I tried to boot to a Windows OS everything's fine. I know there's a lot of guides out there, but I don't really understand it, I really don't know hot to inject or to edit my DSDT.

I don't know what went wrong, but if you have any idea (or anyone out there) to help me to resolve this, I would really really appreciate it.

BTW, your guide is awesome, thanks and more power...

Try another graphics card. Mines a Radion. I didn't do anything to it other then change the resolution settings in lion.

I use the green plug in back for sound.

Still having wake issue. Going to install sleepenabler. Anyone have the latest download?

fyi Magic Trackpad works great with Targus Bluetooth adapter.

THIS GUIDE ROCKS!! Everything works except the wake from sleep! Audio yes! Radion HD gfx yes! Bootloader FIX on my WD 10Krpm 250GB HD worked! I been trying to build a hackintosh for weeks. Went back to my ASUS P7P55D E lx with i5-750 and your guide = SUCCESS.

FYI. I bought the latest Gigabyte MB and Tonymac parts and it was a mess =FAIL. Made it my new windows 7 machine.

Any ideas on no wake issue? Bios ?

Thanks man, glad to know my guide was able to help you out. I honestly have not figured out how to fix the sleep/wake issue. My machine will go to sleep fine it just won't wake up from sleep. I am actually gonna try the new version of MultiBeast (5.1.3) that was just released today. Below is a quote from MacMan on the noticeable changes in this update and supposedly the new FakeSCM.kext resolves the sleep/wake on LGA 1156 mobos...

Released MultiBeast 5.1.3 today with the following changes:

Visible Changes:
- Changed Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party to a menu choice
- Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> CalDigit
- Added Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - 3rd Party -> LaCie

Internal Changes:
- Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v4.3.2

The updated FakeSMC fixes the sleep wake issues on LGA 1156 motherboards.

Im gonna try it out and will report back and update my guide...

Hi Bud ^_^, I would like to ask if you tried to install a video card with HDMI port, mine is nVidia GT 240, and the same board as yours, I have a working hackintosh right now, but my only problem is that my HDMI is not working both A/V, every time I connect it to my TV whilst connected to a monitor through VGA, no display to my TV and my monitor goes black, but when I tried to boot to a Windows OS everything's fine. I know there's a lot of guides out there, but I don't really understand it, I really don't know hot to inject or to edit my DSDT.

I don't know what went wrong, but if you have any idea (or anyone out there) to help me to resolve this, I would really really appreciate it.

BTW, your guide is awesome, thanks and more power...

I haven't tried any graphic cards with HDMI ports so I'm not sure but I will research around and see what I can find out

lexone just wanted to say from a fellow asus mb owner ( p7p55d-e-pro ) you sir have a a great 10.8.X guide here! I also believe that if most asus board owners with via audio chips would in fact after booting ( your step #7 ) go ahead and create their dsdt per the dsdt guide and use a dsdt install with multibeast, then follow your instuctions #8...and on, they would solve about 99% of their audio problems. I have never had audio problems with a multibeast dsdt install compiled from my own motherboard. Great work!

Hi Lex, it's me again, I was wondering why I got kernel panics after I logged in, it happened twice at log in screen? any idea Lex? did you experienced that also?

lexone just wanted to say from a fellow asus mb owner ( p7p55d-e-pro ) you sir have a a great 10.8.X guide here! I also believe that if most asus board owners with via audio chips would in fact after booting ( your step #7 ) go ahead and create their dsdt per the dsdt guide and use a dsdt install with multibeast, then follow your instuctions #8...and on, they would solve about 99% of their audio problems. I have never had audio problems with a multibeast dsdt install compiled from my own motherboard. Great work!

Thank you very much Red Zone :thumbup:

Hi Lex, it's me again, I was wondering why I got kernel panics after I logged in, it happened twice at log in screen? any idea Lex? did you experienced that also?

There could be numerous reasons you are getting KP's. First, I would need to understand what is causing the KP's to better try and assist you. What are your setup specs? Motherboard, processor, graphics card, etc? Please take a picture of the any KP you receive and upload it for me to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back