Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tweaked some bios settings and disabling hda controller on bios caused no audio on os x. tried applehdadisabler.kext and fix permissions/caches but it didnt help either. then I re-enabled hdacontroller on bios and now works OK. the other settings I changed; Suspend mode was auto, changed to S3 only like yours, Repost Video on S3 Resume was No changed to YES.

during all these period restarted more than 5 times and no kernel panics at all. my os x works fine nothing changed but if I get another kernel panic, next time I'll take a picture of it and try your AppleACPIPlatform.kext thanks four your effort :thumbup:

btw have you tried multibeast 5.1 update? it contains patched applehda.kext and various fixes.

NICE!! :thumbup:

No i have not tried the new MultiBeast 5.1 since my system is running just fine but I will download the new version anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi, thanks very much for your help,i have finally got sound working ok.

here is my third kernel panic :banghead:

(both images for same kernel panic)

looks like vodoohda.kext causing this...

here is my third kernel panic :banghead:

(both images for same kernel panic)

looks like vodoohda.kext causing this...

Yea that has happened to me before but i havent had any KP's since installing. Try the following:

1. Delete the VoodooHDA.kext file
  2. Rebuild Caches
  3. Repair Permissions
  4. Rebuild Caches again
  5. Reboot
  6. Reinstall my VoodooHDA.kext
  7. Rebuild Caches
  8. Repair Permissions
  9. Rebuild Caches again
  10. Reboot

Yea that has happened to me before but i havent had any KP's since installing. Try the following:

1. Delete the VoodooHDA.kext file
  2. Rebuild Caches
  3. Repair Permissions
  4. Rebuild Caches again
  5. Reboot
  6. Reinstall my VoodooHDA.kext
  7. Rebuild Caches
  8. Repair Permissions
  9. Rebuild Caches again
  10. Reboot

today it repeatedly crashed each time when I restarted with same kernel panic. after more than 3 times with same kernel panic on start up, I booted as single user, did /fsck -fy, exit thing and os x loaded normally, then I repaired disk permissions, restarted, same kernel panic again. then booted as single user again, os x loaded normally, this time I installed your AppleACPIPlatform.kext, rebuild caches and permissions then restarted with no kernel panic. I don't know your AppleACPIPlatform.kext fixed this issue or not but after installing it, restarted couple of times without kernel panic. If I get same kernel panic again I 'll try your advice. yea I follow your recommendations late :)

today it repeatedly crashed each time when I restarted with same kernel panic. after more than 3 times with same kernel panic on start up, I booted as single user, did /fsck -fy, exit thing and os x loaded normally, then I repaired disk permissions, restarted, same kernel panic again. then booted as single user again, os x loaded normally, this time I installed your AppleACPIPlatform.kext, rebuild caches and permissions then restarted with no kernel panic. I don't know your AppleACPIPlatform.kext fixed this issue or not but after installing it, restarted couple of times without kernel panic. If I get same kernel panic again I 'll try your advice. yea I follow your recommendations late :)

should have just listened to me in the first place bud lol. keep me posted :thumbup:

3 days passed, restarted more than 10 times and no kernel panic. I guess your AppleACPIPlatform.kext solved the issue. :thumbup:

the reason I restart too many times, I play games on windows therfore almost everyday I switch between os x and windows.

3 days passed, restarted more than 10 times and no kernel panic. I guess your AppleACPIPlatform.kext solved the issue. :thumbup:

the reason I restart too many times, I play games on windows therfore almost everyday I switch between os x and windows.

Good Deal! :thumbup: And I understand as I often switch back and forth between Windows & Mac as well.

Alright, I'm back and after a few days of running what I thought to be a stable Hackintosh build it's gone downhill and I'm feeling pretty ****ing lost and in over my head. :banghead:

So I'm essentially running into two problems:
  1. Kernel panics of a couple different varieties. I'm going to upload pictures of them and insert them here. One of them as a VoodooHDA panic. However, today I got one that was weird: "BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport" which I'd never seen before. I've finally gotten a Targus (i.e., the recomended) bluetooth USB, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Here's a couple pictures of recent ones. But now I'm getting panics way more frequently than I'd like - like once a day or sometimes even twice in a row. I do a lot of restarting because I dual boot Windows for video game purposes.
    IMG_3335.jpgIMG_3342.jpg
  2. Freezing at login: Last thing you'll see in the console is "Starting: NetworkBrowserAgent" and then it just freezes and needs a hard restart. :banghead:

Once everything is up and running, it runs great. I've figured out what few problems I was having, browsing is sweet, video games that work on the Apple side work perfectly, high power programs are fast and load great. It's just what I wanted. Once I figure this stuff out I'm going to very happy. But until then... :thumbdown: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back