Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx for all help,
my system seems to be working pretty well
just an annoying detail: I can t change the volume with keyboard keys…
used the "volume control fix" from other guides but still no luck..

any suggestions ?

Have you tried using my VoodooHDA.kext for audio? I can confirm that the volume slider, audio, and volume control via volume +/- keyboard buttons work flawlessly.

Have you tried using my VoodooHDA.kext for audio? I can confirm that the volume slider, audio, and volume control via volume +/- keyboard buttons work flawlessly.

Yes thats what Im using but the volume controls don't work ,,

can't even see the transparent volume bar which usually indicates that the volume is changing.

Yes thats what Im using but the volume controls don't work ,,

can't even see the transparent volume bar which usually indicates that the volume is changing.

What keyboard are you using? I confirmed it works just fine with the BT Apple Keyboard which is linked in the guide. Not sure what could be causing your issue. :banghead::problem:

On a side note...have you considered upgrading and installing Mavericks instead by using my other guide? That is what I'm running on my system and everything works flawlessly

What keyboard are you using? I confirmed it works just fine with the BT Apple Keyboard which is linked in the guide. Not sure what could be causing your issue. :banghead::problem:

On a side note...have you considered upgrading and installing Mavericks instead by using my other guide? That is what I'm running on my system and everything works flawlessly[

how can I uninstal voodoohda completely?

I seem to have two of those installed so that may be the problem…
tried trash n reboot but didn't help

On a side note...have you considered upgrading and installing Mavericks instead by using my other guide? That is what I'm running on my system and everything works flawlessly[

how can I uninstal voodoohda completely?

I seem to have two of those installed so that may be the problem…
tried trash n reboot but didn't help

You have 2 different VoodooHDA.kext files installed? Or are you referring to one kext file inside of System>Library>Extensions aka S/L/E...and one System Preference file?

To delete everything Voodoo and start over...do the following:

1. Navigate to S/L/E and delete VoodooHDA.kext
  2. Navigate to S/L/PreferencePanes and delete VoodooHDA.prefPane
  3. Open Disk Utility and repair permissions on the drive
  4. Download and open Champlist, select the correct drive in the upper right corner...then click the Kext Utility tab and select Rebuild Cache
  5. Reboot

To reinstall, do the following:
  1. Launch MultiBeast and install VoodooHDA 2.7.3 (this will install the pref pane file again in S/L/PP as well as the VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E.
  2. Navigate to S/L/E and again delete VoodooHDA.kext
  3. Repair permissions with Disk Utility and rebuild cache with Champlist
  4. Reboot
  5. Download my VoodooHDA.kext file
  6. Run Champlist again, selecting the kext utility tab and having the correct drive selected, drag my VoodooHDA.kext file from the guide which will then install it to S/L/E again
  7. Repair permissions and rebuild cache again
  8. Reboot

Voila! you should now have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the file. Let me know if this works for you.

You have 2 different VoodooHDA.kext files installed? Or are you referring to one kext file inside of System>Library>Extensions aka S/L/E...and one System Preference file?

To delete everything Voodoo and start over...do the following:

1. Navigate to S/L/E and delete VoodooHDA.kext
  2. Navigate to S/L/PreferencePanes and delete VoodooHDA.prefPane
  3. Open Disk Utility and repair permissions on the drive
  4. Download and open Champlist, select the correct drive in the upper right corner...then click the Kext Utility tab and select Rebuild Cache
  5. Reboot

To reinstall, do the following:
  1. Launch MultiBeast and install VoodooHDA 2.7.3 (this will install the pref pane file again in S/L/PP as well as the VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E.
  2. Navigate to S/L/E and again delete VoodooHDA.kext
  3. Repair permissions with Disk Utility and rebuild cache with Champlist
  4. Reboot
  5. Download my VoodooHDA.kext file
  6. Run Champlist again, selecting the kext utility tab and having the correct drive selected, drag my VoodooHDA.kext file from the guide which will then install it to S/L/E again
  7. Repair permissions and rebuild cache again
  8. Reboot

Voila! you should now have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the file. Let me know if this works for you.

NO doesn't help either…tried everything but just can't change the volume with keyboard keys

Anyways I think I m gonna tty Mavericks soon cuz the hustle I had with ML is really not worth the trouble…everything else until now was solid and flawless…but ML really got me pissed so Im dropping it !!

Thanx again for all help :) will let you know how it goes with Mavericks soon

Have Mavericks installed since about last post here n had no problem at all ...!!!
every things working great almost right out of the box (for being a mackintosh)

Have Mavericks installed since about last post here n had no problem at all ...!!!
every things working great almost right out of the box (for being a mackintosh)

Great!! Glad to hear your up and running!

**UPDATE for Everyone**

See this post #53 from my ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back