GigaByte Gtx 750 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[GUIDE][SUCCESS!] Asus H97i-Plus/i-5 4960K /GTX 750 TI
*Notice: as for june 26 2016 i re-installed this system today and used multibeast and a bit of different approach . so i hope this help.
i also tried my own first method but for some reason it didn't work and i'm sorry if it didn't work for whoever tried it.
Good Luck.
first, sorry for my grammar.
but if your mind sharp as you might think then,
you'll over come my grammar issues.

Success with:installing El Capitan 10.11.5

Asus H97i-Plus mother board
i-5 4960K 3.5 processor (devil Canyon)
Giga -Byte GTX 750 TI - 2gigs
Razer Kraken 7.1/

1.download el capitan from app store.
2.partition your 8 gigs USB. (make sure its connected to USB 2.0 port)
3.download unibeast 6 and open it.(next, next, next, next, agree).
4.select USB >El Capitan...duh> Select UEFI Boot mode> don't select any of the Gpu's options>click Continue, enter your root password and install !.

this will take about 30-40 minutes, so at this spare time format a 2nd USB the same as you did with the 1st and put all the following downloaded files in it. >>>>

5. download: (put those 3 download on the 2nd USB):
please notice that iam installing osx ec 10.11.5 therefor the nvidia driver is the matching version. if you gonna install any earlier version of el capitan, download the correct nvidia driver for that spesific edition.

Multibeast 8.2.3:
MultiBeast - El Capitan 8.2.3

download clover configure vibrant!
http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.5 (346.03.10)
6. shut down your computer when the unibeast and the files are on both USB drives.

7.now - make sure you have USB keyboard or wireless. PS/2 will be a problem at first.

8. turn on the computer and enter bios using F2 or Del,
and click advanced mode at the bottom right corner(F7).

9.choose the tab Boot>secure boot> Os Type> select Other Os !.

10. now select the tab Advanced>PCH Storage Configuration>SATA mode selection> AHCI.

11.press F10 to save changes and reset the computer.

12. make sure that un-needed USB ports are used and make sure that you don't have any other hard drive or just about anything except the usb installer, the destination hard drive and mouse and keyboard connected.

13. its suggested that the usb installer will be connected via USB port 2.0 .and you may keep your ethernet cable connect to the Mobo.

14. so the computer resets and you should press F8 to get to quick boot mode.

15. select the UEFI:USB with whatever appear as the vendor of you USB .

16. you will see the boot options screen.

17. use the right and left keys to navigate to the options icon. Hit the Enter to see list of arguments.

18. select the 2nd called "Boot Args:dart=0 " hit the enter to add another flag to it and add nv_disable=1.
!!! the argument should look like this:
Boot Args:dart=0 nv_disable=1

19. hit the enter and scroll down with the down arrow key to DSDT fix mask and hit the enter.

20. use the space bar to UN-select whole of the options, but leave "ADD DTGP" option and "FIX HPET" option selected . get rid of the rest !!! and hit return and return again to the main boot screen and select the USB installer and hit the ENTER to start the boot !

hopefully you got to the installer screen after about 2-3 minutes if not less.

21. when the desktop loads, on the upper menu bar, choose utilities and select Disk Utility .

22. partition the destination Hard drive just as you did with the usb at the beginning and close disk Utility.

23. continue with the installation screen and choose that partition to be the destination and agree or whatever to the terms and start install.

24.it will take about 15 minutes more or less and it could be that at the end it wont show you the message that installation successful and simply reboot. Dont panic !

25. let the system reboot and press F8 and select the USB again and boot just the same as we did in steps 18 to 20 but this time instead of booting the USB , you should boot the Hard drive you just finished installed El Capitan on it.

26. Welcome screen, select your language and setup your account. if you are using Ethernet cable, you should have working network out of the box.

27. now at this stage you need to copy or move multibeast 8 to desktop and lunch it , agree to whatever ... choose UEFI boot loader. from driver section, expend the audio Realtek ALCXXX and choose ALC887/888b , not the legacy !

from Network select, Intel > Appleintel1000e v3.2.4.2.

Boot loader section will be pre selected cause of the quick start section of the UEFI.

from customize select System definition > Mac pro > Mac pro 3,1 should do .

select build tab and click install wile you make sure its installing onto the target partition.

notice: i chose those settings cause i prefer working with my built in sound card , you can try instead or in addition to also select one of the voodoo options if you want to use your HDMI GPU sound .

28. put the NVIDIA and the Clover configure vibrant on your desktop and remove any USB from your ports.

29. now start the clover configure wile its on your desktop>>> http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/
(you can use the vibrant edition cause this what i dowloaded and used.

30. when its open it needs to show you at the bottom 3 EFI directories.
or it will ask you to mount EFI first ,so mount if needed. anyhow , just don't play with the list, you need to see those 3 EFI directories.
if you mounted the EFI but you don't see the bottom list then click the house icon at the bottom and then you should see 3 directories ending with config.plist files.

40. click on the EFI > EFI > CLOVER> config.plist
and then the app window will update and you'll need to select Boot menu.
at this stage if dart=0 is marked from all the options you are good !
just select nada_drv=1 and go to file and click save.

you finished editing your config plist to be ready to accept the Nvidia alternate driver.

41.install Nvidia driver and restart !

42. thats it... all needs to be working and all you need to do is set the sound to whatever port you use .
i haven't try the HDMI sound and i prefer the old built in way.
you can always test some other stuff like the voodoo driver and see if it will make your GPU sound to be cast .

. before you ask me any question please make sure you read the entire guide as presented by Tony .

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 1.35.44 AM.jpg

Last edited:
FLAWLESS!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!
I've done everything as you write here and it works like a charm!
At least, someone with real step-by-step manual how to install this.

Ok, there is a problem using this graphic card.
It seems like driver is not good enough for El Capitan and it breaks.
Everything works ok if this method (that ninjawars posted) of installation is used, but, after few restarts or shutdowns the system won't start anymore. Line under the apple logo when booting goes to the end very slowly but it stays like that all day on that screen, only hard reset can be done.
Only way I can get system up is with USB (from which I prevously installed El Capitan) with added parameters in boot:

kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1

With this I got my desktop but without driver for VGA card. Driver is not loading anymore (ok in this case nv_disable=1 has done the job but...) and it goes from Nvidia web driver to Mac OS default system driver checked. Graphic card hasn't 2GB of memory, it states 0, and everything is slow and flickering and resolution is not maximal.
If I just restart and try to start from HDD again without USB (before restart I check Nvidia web driver to be used) I got the same situation as described above. So, how can I get my sistem up and running without USB flash and with my VGA driver working like before (just after ninjas procedure). This is what has to be done:
install CustoMac Essentials again and webdriver, and restart, then again do the steps 56 and 57, remove usb and system will start normaly, driver will load properly, everything will work like a charm, ethernet, sound, Finalcut, skype, there is no problems at all for as much ours you want... until restart... or shutdown.
Do anyone has this problem and has an idea how this could be solved?

You can remove kext-dev-mode=1 (unless dual-booting Yosemite) and rootless=0 -- neither of them is used any more.

Try adding nvda_drv=1 and see if that gets you in with acceleration.

I didn't know if some flags are used anymore or not, I have just followed the instruction above. (but I know now, thanks)
If you noticed in step 41. nvda_drv=1 is already added in boot of HDD (in this case SSD) and after instalation it works, but (again) after a few shutdowns (5-6) something happens with VGA driver and it won't load anymore. I can't get to desktop, it hangs with apple logo and a loading line. So the only way (again) to get to freshly installed system is to use flags from step 18. with USB flashs boot loader, but (normaly) it starts without driver. Without these flags (maybe only nv_disable=1 is enough, because as you said other two are not in use anymore) I can't get system up in any way. Tried with -x -v -f flags but no success.

Unless you tought that kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0 are causing this problem?
Did you mean that I should try just with nvda_drv=1 because of "something"? :)

I'm pretty sure -x (safe mode) will also disable acceleration, so I wouldn't use that. -f would only help if your kext cache was corrupt or otherwise needed to be forcibly rebuilt.

Can you boot verbose without nv_disable=1 (so, with only dart=0 nvda_drv=1 -v) and post a photo of the screen where it hangs?

ammulder thanks for effort.
Before that I tried, when this stupid **** happen, just to do steps from 29 to 43, in short just to recreate config.plist file on SSD EFI partition and it works after restart. So it is not needed to reinstal VGA driver, it is just some problem with clover.

Soon I will try this what you suggested and post a photo here.

I have successfuly installed Realtek audio ALC892 integrated on this board and now I'm shutting down system for 10 times and I can't get this stupid hang while boot-ing to take a photo of verbose mode :)

but boot screen changes from time to time between those two. I haven't idea why this happens but it does not affect the booting of system. Now every time it boots normaly.

As soon as it hangs I will post a pic of verbose mode.
With matts fix I have managed to install USB3.0, he has explained everything excellent and I have just followed his post.
And somehow, after I have successfully installed Audio I have no problems with booting system, I have shut it down for about 20 times till now and it starts every time normaly. I hope that everything is solved now.

Attachments

• Boot1.jpg
    Boot1.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 240
  • Boot2.jpg
    Boot2.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
The two boot screens mean you have two Clover themes installed (black = tonymacx86, blue = embedded) plus the "random" theme, and your config.plist doesn't specify one of the themes to use, so you get random, which picks one of the other two each time.

Bottom line, if you want only one, delete all the other subdirectories from EFI/CLOVER/themes/ and you'll always get the one that's left. Or you can keep the themes installed but specify the one you want in the GUI section of config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back