Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Have you added the Clover boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" and have you used the right config plist file? (He uploaded two, one for iGPU and one for dGPU)

Thanks again, things are lookign better and better. I noticed too the lack of hot pluggability of the TB/USBC connector, and that doesn't really bother me much.

I am also unable to restart or shutdown gracefully. I have to turn off the machine myself.

And it seems to have a permanent Verbose mode I can't get rid of.

any clue on how to solve these two issues?

Thanks again, things are lookign better and better. I noticed too the lack of hot pluggability of the TB/USBC connector, and that doesn't really bother me much.

I am also unable to restart or shutdown gracefully. I have to turn off the machine myself.

And it seems to have a permanent Verbose mode I can't get rid of.

any clue on how to solve these two issues?
To change from verbose mode you need to remove the "-v" boot arg

Hi friends, in case some of you might be interested, I've moved from Clover to OpenCore mainly out of curiosity.
It has taken me a while to understand how it works but I have managed with a little bit of it to make our configuration work "ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Catalina", in my case totally funcional.

I share my EFI folder with you in case anyone wants to try it out. It is with the OpenCore 0.5.8 version and it helps a lot also the configurator, you have to be very careful in the OpenCore updates and the configurator, it has to be updated or it breaks the config.plist.

In case of more purists there is always the ProperTree to edit it manually.
Also attached are two more in case you want to use them.

You must also attach your personalized USBPorts.kext. There is nothing better to check all this than the "Hackintool by headkaze" tool.

I do not put the external frontend that although it is functional remind us that it is in the testing phase, but the problem is that it does not yet make the automatic boot as from the picker (internal frontend of OpenCore) so you have to click on the boot disk and that is not functional.

Remember in the PlatformInfo section to fill in the serial number, UUID and the rest.

Greetings and thank you all for this "by rj510" thread.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.1 MB · Views: 226
  • ProperTree-master.zip
    359 KB · Views: 59
  • OpenCore Configurator.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 110
THANK YOU! Shutdown and restart work perfectly now.

I only have to solve the Verbose problem. How can it be booting in Verbose without the boot arg?
If you opened your config.plist file with Clover Configurator and you don't see anything related to verbose in the Boot section or anywhere else, then I don't know.

[UPDATE]
For some reason -v was written into the NVRAM. With Hackintool I could remove the flag and now boots perfectly.
Just hot plug TB/USBC to go and then we have an absolutely perfect installation! :)

@mango1122 Great work on getting native TB3 enabled on this board. I'm about to follow your guide to enable native TB3 on this board. Can you send me the modified BIOS that ASRock gave you to enable GIPO3 Frc Pwr in the BIOS? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back