Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Got it-- I've tried disabling SSDT-Z390-ASRock-ITX-AR-TB3-V8.aml and just using SSDT.aml and still am not seeing the drivers load. I haven't updated the TB firmware though, maybe that could help. Where did you obtain the EXE file above?

Also, another issue I'm having is that during boot in the OC menu if I try to use the keyboard I'll get a freeze using your EFI. Haven't seen this effect using fangf2018's implementation. Is there a keyboard setting that I might need to change?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this to work. I've tried installing the EXE you mentioned in Windows, updating the BIOS to 4.4, and tried this test.aml with and without the other TB related aml files. Maybe there's something else different? Do you use IOElectrify.kext? If you could post your latest EFI to troubleshoot that would be wonderful!

I may just be overlooking some tiny little bonehead thing here but I'm running the same mobo/processor as you and so I decided to use your EFI. I also followed your BIOS settings to the T with the exception of the CPU overclocking stuff (I'm okay with stock performance). I also created a High Sierra install USB (I have a 1080ti). I'm able to get it to the black screen with the white apple logo and the progress bar and over an extended period of time, the bar does eventually fill up but then it just sits there and nothing else happens. I left it for over two hours last night after the bar filled up. Just wondering if you can give me some insight.

@mango1122 , by any chance could you post your latest EFI with Thunderbolt drivers loading properly in system information? Would like to see if there are any other differences between yours and mind to get it working on my end.

Also, no luck with the keyboard drivers in UEFI-- will look around some more.

@efernandezjr , Do you have this working in Mojave or Catalina? Possibly this could be a graphics issue, you may need another boot flag to get the 1080ti working in High Sierra, or you'd need another GPU for Mojave or Catalina.

@mango1122 , by any chance could you post your latest EFI with Thunderbolt drivers loading properly in system information? Would like to see if there are any other differences between yours and mind to get it working on my end.

Also, no luck with the keyboard drivers in UEFI-- will look around some more.

@efernandezjr , Do you have this working in Mojave or Catalina? Possibly this could be a graphics issue, you may need another boot flag to get the 1080ti working in High Sierra, or you'd need another GPU for Mojave or Catalina.
I’m having problems with SSDT and hence not posting the EFI. If I find a solution will post.

@mango1122 , got it! What problem are you having?

@mango1122 , got it! What problem are you having?
You got his new TB SSDT working? TB3 functioning properly and drivers showing up in the system information? I haven’t tested yet... @jonisign what did you do different this time?

On a separate note: I replaced the 5700 XT GPU with a 580 and my KP went away. I did have a KP when the computer fell asleep with a USB thumb drive was left mounted... KP traced back to USB Kexts. I unmounted the disk and it slept thru the night last night just fine. I had also forgot to run the terminal command
Code:
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
to prevent power off as well, so maybe that was it. It’s been so long since I had functioning sleep that it slipped my mind... excited of the prospect of a more robust TB3 SSDT!

I would like to get the front USB ports working. There is 4 ports on the front of the case and none of these work other than there is power coming out. Case is Sharkoon QB One and every port on the back works. I'm using Vanilla installation.

I would like to get the front USB ports working. There is 4 ports on the front of the case and none of these work other than there is power coming out. Case is Sharkoon QB One and every port on the back works. I'm using Vanilla installation.
Are you using someone else’s EFI, or did you map out the USB Ports?

You should use something like Hackintool to identify which USB port numbers your front I/O map to - using rj510's posts from earlier as a guide, you should be able to get it working with the codeless kext and a correctly set up plist.

Are you using someone else’s EFI, or did you map out the USB Ports?
I'm using someone else's EFI as a root and modified it to fit my setup.
I'didnt have to map the USB ports.
You should use something like Hackintool to identify which USB port numbers your front I/O map to - using rj510's posts from earlier as a guide, you should be able to get it working with the codeless kext and a correctly set up plist.
I'm just kind of lost here. I cant see any of the front USB ports in Hackintool. Tried to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Last edited:
Back