Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Whoa! A lot has changed since I last visited this thread. Did you guys get native NVRAM working somehow? I'm not quite ready to switch to OpenCore, just don't have the time to mess with it ATM. Is there a guide somewhere specific to our setups for when I'm ready?

Yes - native NVRAM is working fine. For OC, the best place is to read the manual from the developer. You can look at the OC folder I shared a few pages before to match it with yours.

Whoa! A lot has changed since I last visited this thread. Did you guys get native NVRAM working somehow? I'm not quite ready to switch to OpenCore, just don't have the time to mess with it ATM. Is there a guide somewhere specific to our setups for when I'm ready?
Works with clover.
Just add SSDT-PMC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. And remove EmuVariable driver from Drivers/UEFI.

Attachments

• SSDT-PMC.aml
    143 bytes · Views: 103
On NVRAM - this is such amazing news. Just stumbled on it. Very happy because I literally just bought a new 1TB disk (as an upgrade for a fresh install) yesterday! Perfect timing. I'm going for it with OC, reading the lit now...

@mango1122 I understand what all the SSDTs do in your ACPI folder other than SSDT-PPMC.aml?

Thanks guys! excited to switch to OC!

1. Can you show the output of pmset -g log | grep -e "Wake.*due to"
  2. Also under System Report > Bluetooth what do you see under chipset and firmware version ? I see the below
    • Chipset: 20702B0
    • Firmware Version: v150 c9318
  3. Try a BIOS reset followed by a cold boot
  4. Upload your EFI here - The card is natively supported in MacOS so make sure you don't have any wifi related kexts.

Thanks for the tip! Here's what I'm seeing:

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to /Network Using AC (Charge:0%) 1247 secs

If I disable wifi before sleep, the system stays asleep, so it does seem to be network related. Strange though, as I do believe that I have every relevant network wake related setting disabled. Ethernet is also unplugged.

The OC install was really easy, thanks to everyone on this forum, and specifically @fangf2018. I just took his whole EFI folder (had to change serial numbers) and put it into the OC install USB’s EFI partition and everything just worked.

Thanks for the tip! Here's what I'm seeing:

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to /Network Using AC (Charge:0%) 1247 secs

If I disable wifi before sleep, the system stays asleep, so it does seem to be network related. Strange though, as I do believe that I have every relevant network wake related setting disabled. Ethernet is also unplugged.

Check Energy Saver settings - Only tick "Put hard disk to sleep when possible".

The OC install was really easy, thanks to everyone on this forum, and specifically @fangf2018. I just took his whole EFI folder (had to change serial numbers) and put it into the OC install USB’s EFI partition and everything just worked.
Yeah, everything I’ve seen so far about OC is great. I read through the literature and built my config using fang and mango’s plist as a reference. I went through the guide one item at a time to make sure I had an understanding of each item. @mango1122 and @fangf2018 - thank you so much for your support and contributions! It certainly made things much easier. I’ll post up with my vanilla install results! Thanks everyone!

Check Energy Saver settings - Only tick "Put hard disk to sleep when possible".

Have done this, but still get wake ups from the WiFi card. Pretty strange. I suppose I could just turn off WiFi before sleep!

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I never hooked the cooler pump back up after swapping the NVMe. Jesus...

So I'm a little freaked out... This is something I've never dealt with...

So I reset NVRAM from the OC boot menu and now my CPU/board is running full force and the CPU is climbing up past 90C. I tried resetting to defaults and it didn't make a difference. I then reflashed the BIOS and reset to defaults, didn't make a difference. I'm super nervous I really screwed something up! Any ideas?

Last edited:
So with my scare (see above) it was perfect timing, I had first powered on the computer and reset the NVRAM and immediately after the fans started spinning like crazy, making it look like it was a result of the NVRAM reset Of course, this was just a coincidence. Before I realized it was an oversight of not plugging in the pump, I ran the newest BIOS update (4.40 from 1.60) which to my knowledge hasn’t caused any conflict. After my pump correction and a deep breath, I did a fresh vanilla install. I used a combo of both my own stuff and referenced @mango1122 and @fangf2018 configs. So far so good! I have quite a bit of testing to do but I’m so excited as my Hack seems to be running properly and with NVRAM (which is the most exciting part) - woot!! TB3 confirmed with my CalDigit TS3+ dock! I’ll post my EFI for anyone that wants to use iMacPro1,1 once I verify sleep and a few other things. I can’t thank all of you enough!

Back