Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Is there a reason why the MacMini 8,1 config file was remove from the first post showing the build and mentions both config file for iMac and MacMini 8,1?

I am building a new hackintosh as a MacMini replacement using ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX and i7-9600K processor.

Or can some one re post the file?

Does anyone happen to have the 4.30 BIOS or 4.40 with the Apple logo? Just missing that for it to finish the looks department.

Thanks.

Edit:
(Followed the guide on fang's clover repo and did it, pretty straight forward), thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have the 4.30 BIOS or 4.40 with the Apple logo? Just missing that for it to finish the looks department.

Thanks.

Edit:
(Followed the guide on fang's clover repo and did it, pretty straight forward), thanks!
I would also like to do this... where is the guide? Not seeing it...

EDIT: Found it, I must have skipped past the “Clover” part when I read your msg above. Thanks! This is awesome! So much easier than other tutorials I’ve read!

Last edited:
Also interested if anyone managed to do a fresh install of Catalina on 4.40 BIOS using the OP's EFI files?
Been having a week of installation errors trying to set my system set up.

My USB port definition is incorrect. Can someone customize one?

My USB port definition is incorrect. Can someone customize one?
usb setup guide:

Did you add the boot flag
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
to your config?
I did and it worked! So I've currently got Catalina (10.15.2) running successfully on my machine. Tested the Adobe suite and it works great. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work (or really even try at this point) is the Thunderbolt 3 bus). TBH, I may not even bother. I dual boot my machine with Windows 10 and I do my work out of Win 10 since it's stable and intended to run on my PC. Over time, as I become more comfortable with Hackintoshing and troubleshooting my Hackintosh, I may move over to my MacOS partition with more regularity but for now I'm just using it to learn FCPX.

So I'm a bit torn here. I'm currently running a iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, but realize I might really be missing out on having Sidecar inactive. (I'm a 3D Designer.) I've been using Luna Display for a couple years now, but native is always best. Does anyone have any advice on how to put iGPU (UHD 630) in headless mode while using a dGPU (5700 XT)? I've done it in Clover, but I am failing to remember the specifics. Is there anything I should know when doing this with OC?

usb setup guide:
It's not what you think

Back