Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I'll tell you, I've tried to load the SSDT by adding the line in the config.plist, I've tried many times other lines that would fix the problem, but it's impossible...

Could you help me with an EFI like you have and I'll remove it the lines of your plate so that it does not affect mine? Thanks very much friend. Upload my Efi.

Gfx:

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

View attachment IMG_20221227_120123.jpgView attachment IMG_20221227_095236.jpg

Attachments

• Efi con SSDT-BRG0-1.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 52
I'll tell you, I've tried to load the SSDT by adding the line in the config.plist, I've tried many times other lines that would fix the problem, but it's impossible...

Could you help me with an EFI like you have and I'll remove it the lines of your plate so that it does not affect mine? Thanks very much friend. Upload my Efi.

Gfx:

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

View attachment 560811View attachment 560812
Made some Alterations to your EFI to try

Attachments

• Efi con SSDT-BRG0.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 106
Also, fix your USB on your motherboard. Just use USBTOOLBOX to map it in Windows, copy the 2 KEXTs in place, and you're all done. It's super-easy now.

And remove some of those Ethernet KEXTs that you aren't using; assumedly you only have the Intel 2.5GB NIC.

Made some Alterations to your EFI to try

I can't be more grateful, you have completely saved my life, I've been having this problem for weeks and you have achieved it in a few minutes...

My intelligence is minimal from what I see

One question, what was the problem that the graphics card was not detected? I am so curious. Thank you so much for all the real help.

Also, fix your USB on your motherboard. Just use USBTOOLBOX to map it in Windows, copy the 2 KEXTs in place, and you're all done. It's super-easy now.

And remove some of those Ethernet KEXTs that you aren't using; assumedly you only have the Intel 2.5GB NIC.

So what do you recommend I delete? It's that I don't have much idea about all this and I don't have any knowledge, it has become clear hehe, I map the USB ports from Windows and do the procedure you tell me, what 2 kext would I need? Many thanks.View attachment IMG_20221229_185744.jpgView attachment IMG_20221229_185804.jpg

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
My Hardware not have in my profile...

Mi Hardware is:

Intel Core: i7 11700K
Motherboard: Asus Z590F
Graphics: Asus Tuf Gaming Top Edition 6900XT
Memory RAM: Kingston Fury 64GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16
Memory Nvme: 2TB Samsung 980 Pro
Power: NZXT 850W Platinum

Follow the USBToolbox procedure at https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool for USB mapping. That will then result in two files, the usbtoolbox kext and the kext you generate after you survey your USB ports. You need both. Then you won’t need usbinjectall anymore, and your PC will sleep correctly, and I suspect Bluetooth will start working too (if you have a BT/WiFi card).

As far as the NIC KEXT : figure out what NIC you have, remove the kexts that aren’t that brand.

One question, what was the problem that the graphics card was not detected? I am so curious.
It seems you actually have a RX 6950XT.
@zappy39 fixed the ACPI path to the GPU (SSDT-BRG0.aml) using the output of gfxutil, and then spoofed the card to a RX 6900XT in DeviceProperties (device-id 0x73bf). I have collated instructions in this post, and hope this helps you understand what was done—if not, feel free to ask.

Back