Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Also, fix your USB on your motherboard. Just use USBTOOLBOX to map it in Windows, copy the 2 KEXTs in place, and you're all done. It's super-easy now.

And remove some of those Ethernet KEXTs that you aren't using; assumedly you only have the Intel 2.5GB NIC.

So what do you recommend I delete? It's that I don't have much idea about all this and I don't have any knowledge, it has become clear hehe, I map the USB ports from Windows and do the procedure you tell me, what 2 kext would I need? Many thanks.View attachment IMG_20221229_185744.jpgView attachment IMG_20221229_185804.jpg

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
My Hardware not have in my profile...

Mi Hardware is:

Intel Core: i7 11700K
Motherboard: Asus Z590F
Graphics: Asus Tuf Gaming Top Edition 6900XT
Memory RAM: Kingston Fury 64GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16
Memory Nvme: 2TB Samsung 980 Pro
Power: NZXT 850W Platinum

Follow the USBToolbox procedure at https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool for USB mapping. That will then result in two files, the usbtoolbox kext and the kext you generate after you survey your USB ports. You need both. Then you won’t need usbinjectall anymore, and your PC will sleep correctly, and I suspect Bluetooth will start working too (if you have a BT/WiFi card).

As far as the NIC KEXT : figure out what NIC you have, remove the kexts that aren’t that brand.

One question, what was the problem that the graphics card was not detected? I am so curious.
It seems you actually have a RX 6950XT.
@zappy39 fixed the ACPI path to the GPU (SSDT-BRG0.aml) using the output of gfxutil, and then spoofed the card to a RX 6900XT in DeviceProperties (device-id 0x73bf). I have collated instructions in this post, and hope this helps you understand what was done—if not, feel free to ask.

@etorix : his gfxutil (hackintool PCIe export data, at least) was the same as mine. I have a 6900XT - XTXH variant. It seems to me that it's possible that is what he has too.

Later edit: Look at the second picture that he attached. It shows a 6900XT (XTXH variant). Can you explain the thought process on it being a 6950XT?

Last edited:
Can you explain the thought process on it being a 6950XT?
An error of me forgetting that there is this 6900XTXH variant out there in addition to the 6950XT. :oops:
Anyway, the fix is the same for both: Spoof a regular 6900XT.

Made some Alterations to your EFI to try
Thanks, I know that your modified config.plist has fixed the issue of @Luisimpreza 6900 XTXH.
I've checked the changes that you have made and they are few, all of them in the dGPU DeviceProperties section.

Where Luis had
XML:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>v3MAAA==</data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Radeon RX 6900 XT (XTXH)</string>
            </dict>
You propose
XML:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>ATY,Copyright</key>
                <string>AMD</string>
                <key>ATY,DeviceName</key>
                <string>RX 6900 XT</string>
                <key>ATY,FamilyName</key>
                <string>Radeon</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>v3MAAA==</data>
                <key>disable-agdc</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>AMD RX 6900 XT</string>
            </dict>

It's hard to believe that adding ATY,Copyright, ATY,DeviceName and ATY,FamilyName will fix the problem. But it is indeed so, at least in this case.

Regarding the other added property, disable-agdc, I have a question: this property applies to Intel iGPUs and thanks to it some users have solved problems when having connected more than 1 monitor 4k. But in a Rocket Lake CPU like Luis's, whose iGPU is disabled in BIOS or at least not recognized by macOS, what use can it have?

Anyway, your config.plist is working fine spoofing the 6900 XTXH as XTX.

My recollection is there were some additional problems that were fixed in the new EFI.
1. The aml file wasn't referenced correctly; there was trailing space " " in the name in the config.plist, and so the file (without the extra " " space) couldn't be found and used. etorix new config.plist removed the space, so that the reference to the aml file then worked.
2. The DP section only needs device-id and model. The rest is optional.

Back