Contribute
Register

Studio build upgrade & Catalina installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for getting back, I think I removed what I had to?
you seem to have this disabled:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>USBMap.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
it says Enabled false, should say true

you seem to have this disabled:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
            </dict>
it says Enabled false, should say true
Thanks for the reply & info, below is how it looks now in new config.plist but there is no change, unless I need to try the USB mapping again?

Code:
    <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
            </dict>

(UPDATE)

Turns out the problem was caused by th RX580 card which i only bought 6 weeks ago, as soon as i put the card to just 1 DP on its own mouse, refresh rate etc was fine, also had a purple screen on DVI when trying to test muliple monitors etc, so need to wait and see what the supplier is going to do?

Will update again when i hopefully get something sorted out.

Thanks again for everyones help and advice.

Last edited:
Thought i should do an update, it has been a fun week so far(Only not in a chuckling way), firstly the supplier was useless, ended up doing a bit of testing with a windows 10 installation, found that the way i was connecting my 3 screens worked ok, so not the card :silent:

So i popped my Nvme Big Sur back on the board with the RX580 still connected as used in windows, to my suprise it booted up and all 3 screens came on, as well as the mouse and keyboard being fine.

Now back working on the post install guide and the USB mapping for my board, but now i have no usb's at all, so am waiting on a magic mouse and keyboard(Which my wife told me to buy) to arrive, as the bluetooth equipment i have will not connect, but my old apple keyboard connects fine.

As this has now turned into completley new build, i may try and do a guide at some point, i am sure i will be needing more advice soon :thumbup:

Thought i should do an update, it has been a fun week so far(Only not in a chuckling way), firstly the supplier was useless, ended up doing a bit of testing with a windows 10 installation, found that the way i was connecting my 3 screens worked ok, so not the card :silent:

So i popped my Nvme Big Sur back on the board with the RX580 still connected as used in windows, to my suprise it booted up and all 3 screens came on, as well as the mouse and keyboard being fine.

Now back working on the post install guide and the USB mapping for my board, but now i have no usb's at all, so am waiting on a magic mouse and keyboard(Which my wife told me to buy) to arrive, as the bluetooth equipment i have will not connect, but my old apple keyboard connects fine.

As this has now turned into completley new build, i may try and do a guide at some point, i am sure i will be needing more advice soon :thumbup:
glad you managed to preserver with this! :)

Back up and running for now, apple keyboard and mouse helped a lot, wish i had got them sooner.

Still a few things on the to do list, i have put back the last more stable EFI and i have UBS's back now, but only as USB 2.0 and they are all 3.0 & 3.1, so i still need to figure out this USB mapping and where i am going wrong?

RX580 can be temperamental at times so i will research that, as well as dual GPU at some point as i still recover over time, onboard audio not working, but i use a rack mount mixer with USB to my Mac & PC, last thing i think is sleep/wake, shutdown & restart is fine but has a problem waking up, bit like myself :lol:

I will try and post my EFI on Monday as need to remove all my serial numbers etc, and have ran out of time this morning.

Back up and running for now, apple keyboard and mouse helped a lot, wish i had got them sooner.

Still a few things on the to do list, i have put back the last more stable EFI and i have UBS's back now, but only as USB 2.0 and they are all 3.0 & 3.1, so i still need to figure out this USB mapping and where i am going wrong?

RX580 can be temperamental at times so i will research that, as well as dual GPU at some point as i still recover over time, onboard audio not working, but i use a rack mount mixer with USB to my Mac & PC, last thing i think is sleep/wake, shutdown & restart is fine but has a problem waking up, bit like myself :lol:

I will try and post my EFI on Monday as need to remove all my serial numbers etc, and have ran out of time this morning.
maybe by getting the usb ports kext working correctly, it may solve your sleep/wake issues

maybe by getting the usb ports kext working correctly, it may solve your sleep/wake issues
I am hoping that might be the solution, my first job Monday moring now is the USB kexts and mapping, so will update if i manage to work it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back