2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, l am hoping there may be someone who can help me?

This is my first Hackintosh build/upgrade since having a stroke in 2019 which affected both my memory and my cognitive skills, so it is a big challenge which l am currently struggling with and just hoping someone may be able to help me out.

My current spec is:-

New parts

ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS WiFi
i5-11600K (Waiting for a i5-10400F to come just incase the 11th gen is the problem)
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
AMD Radeon RX580 Dual OC

Already owned.

32GB Kingston HyperX 2400 Mhz
Samsung 970 EVO Nvme SSD In a Pci-e x4 Kyro adapter(Previously used for 10.13.6. However I would prefer on the board?)
2 X Crucial 250 GB SSD
3 X Devro 64 GB SSD

The problem l am having is that when installing any OS from 10.13.6 onwards, the furthest i can get is to the Apple logo and then it gets stuck, there is no progress bar.

I have tried various things including resetting and updating the BIOS and removing the graphics card but I constantly get to the same Apple logo screen and no further. One of the Unibeast USB drives that l have tried to install my new Hackintosh with, works fine on my other work/testing build and installed Catalina with no issues.

I am wondering if l need to try open core but have avoided it because l have difficulties learning new things after the stroke but l am wondering whether that might be causing the problem?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as l am at a bit of a loss as to what to try next.

Thank you in advance,

Steve.

This is my first Hackintosh build/upgrade since having a stroke in 2019 which affected both my memory and my cognitive skills, so it is a big challenge which l am currently struggling with and just hoping someone may be able to help me out.

New parts

i5-11600K (Waiting for a i5-10400F to come just incase the 11th gen is the problem)
AMD Radeon RX580 Dual OC

Already owned.

Samsung 970 EVO Nvme SSD In a Pci-e x4 Kyro adapter(Previously used for 10.13.6. However I would prefer on the board?)
2 X Crucial 250 GB SSD
3 X Devro 64 GB SSD

The problem l am having is that when installing any OS from 10.13.6 onwards, the furthest i can get is to the Apple logo and then it gets stuck, there is no progress bar.

I have tried various things including resetting and updating the BIOS and removing the graphics card but I constantly get to the same Apple logo screen and no further. One of the Unibeast USB drives that l have tried to install my new Hackintosh with, works fine on my other work/testing build and installed Catalina with no issues.

I am wondering if l need to try open core but have avoided it because l have difficulties learning new things after the stroke but l am wondering whether that might be causing the problem?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as l am at a bit of a loss as to what to try next.

Thank you in advance,

Steve.
be best to boot verbose to see the actual error

add -v to boot arguments in your config.plist

or on the clover boot menu, press spacebar and select verbose

take a pic where it stops to post here, along with your zipped EFI

Thank you for the quick reply, here are a few pictures, not to great as sitting on the floor......

I will take again if need be?

Attachments

• IMG_5767.jpg
    IMG_5767.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5768.jpg
    IMG_5768.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 47
Thank you for the quick reply, here are a few pictures, not to great as sitting on the floor......

I will take again if need be?
will also need to see your zipped EFI as well

could be bios configuration or issue with config.plist setting

bios settings should be;

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

Thanks, i forgot the EFI, will do the bios from optimised settings, also get the efi to you as soon as i can.
Things just take a bit longer these days :crazy:

New parts

AMD Radeon RX580 Dual OC

Already owned.

2 X Crucial 250 GB SSD
3 X Devro 64 GB SSD

Thank you in advance,

Steve.
If you are attempting to install Catalina using a Unibeast USB stick, you are doomed to fail since the version of Clover on the stick will not work with your hardware.

You will have to recreate a Catalina USB stick and use OpenCore as bootloader.

will also need to see your zipped EFI as well

could be bios configuration or issue with config.plist setting

bios settings should be;

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI
Hope i got the right one, will do BIOS now.....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
it may be worth waiting for your CometLake CPU to arrive then have a look over:

Hi again,

Thank you for your help, i have to try and access the parts of my memory not recovered yet and take a look at the open core link and info there while i am waiting for the other CPU to turn up. Will keep you updated as to my progress with open core.

Thanks again,

Steve :)

Hi again,

Thank you for your help, i have to try and access the parts of my memory not recovered yet and take a look at the open core link and info there while i am waiting for the other CPU to turn up. Will keep you updated as to my progress with open core.

Thanks again,

Steve :)
the Comet Lake cpu has better support and also opencore is a lot better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back