HD 520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I’m having trouble booting, and it appears that my Library folder has vanished after using KextBeast. Luckily it was a fresh install, so I didn’t lose anything super important (though I’d prefer not erasing everything as I do have several apps installed.)

I can boot in Recovery mode. I‘m attempting a reinstall, but I get a “could not make preboot volume for apfs install” error and can’t get past it. I’d like to make sure that there is a way of not erasing the disk to get past this error.

What should I try?

I’d appreciate any help with this.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
I’m having trouble booting, and it appears that my Library folder has vanished after using KextBeast. Luckily it was a fresh install, so I didn’t lose anything super important (though I’d prefer not erasing everything as I do have several apps installed.)

I can boot in Recovery mode. I‘m attempting a reinstall, but I get a “could not make preboot volume for apfs install” error and can’t get past it. I’d like to make sure that there is a way of not erasing the disk to get past this error.

What should I try?

I’d appreciate any help with this.
Thanks
bump

Hi there.

First thing I would do is boot to my UniBeast installer, select External from the Clover menu, then when the installation menu comes up, go no further but open Disk Utility from the Tools menu. Run "First Aid" on the destination drive.

That should correct the disappearance of the Library folder.

You don't mention which version of macOS you are using, but if the above fails, especially the apfs error, this may suggest the drive has become corrupted and a reformat might be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back