i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I need to get back to High Sierra after running Catalina on my computer. After the Multibeast step, when the computer restarts, it gets stuck on Apple progress bar. I tried to modify the Multibeast options but I am not sure I did the right thing...
Could you guys help please?
Here is the debug log.
Thanks
IMG_0511.jpg

Hi guys,
I need to get back to High Sierra after running Catalina on my computer. After the Multibeast step, when the computer restarts, it gets stuck on Apple progress bar. I tried to modify the Multibeast options but I am not sure I did the right thing...
Could you guys help please?
Here is the debug log.
Thanks
View attachment 558681

Hi there.

Are you using the GTX 750 ti GPU?

What did you use for Catalina?

Hi @UtterDisbelief,
I'm not sure I understand (I'm quite a noob, sorry), my graphic card is the GTX 750 Ti but I don't know much more than that. For Catalina (and I guess, the previous High Sierra installation), I only chose the NVIDIA inject option and I remember setting boot args with nvda_drv=1

Hi @UtterDisbelief,
I'm not sure I understand (I'm quite a noob, sorry), my graphic card is the GTX 750 Ti but I don't know much more than that. For Catalina (and I guess, the previous High Sierra installation), I only chose the NVIDIA inject option and I remember setting boot args with nvda_drv=1

Okay. :thumbup:

Well the GTX 750 ti is not natively supported by macOS, neither in High Sierra or Catalina. Hence my question.

With High Sierra you can enable it fully by using the official Nvidia Web-Drivers, but they do not work for any later version of macOS.

Now it is entirely possible you got display output from the GPU but it would lack hardware-acceleration and be slow and jerky in operation.

We have a Guide here explaining all:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-of-desktop-cards-with-native-support.283700/

But nothing is impossible!

Back to your problem though, with the Apple progress-bar sticking, it sounds like the point in the boot process where the start-up graphics switch over to the main system (GTX750 etc.) Graphics, and because there are no working drivers it stops.

You probably need to install the version of the NVidia web-drivers that matches your High Sierra build. Best to make sure you are on the very latest HS release 17G14042 and use the new Nvidia drivers here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tificates-expired.320609/page-14#post-2326893

:)

Thanks a lot @UtterDisbelief :)
And thanks for being cool with me :)
I suppose I need to re-install HS before testing the driver. I will let you know :)
Thanks again

@UtterDisbelief
I installed the NVIDIA drivers and had to set NVIDIA Inject in Clover options (I was expecting Multibeast to set it but I guess I missed something once again). It works fine now!
Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back