ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone, hope you're keeping safe.

I've just build my first hackintosh, and I am getting stuck on the Apple logo loading screen when I select "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina" on the clover boot screen.
The loading bar goes to 100% but seems to get stuck and never reaches the installer.

I've set my BIOS up according to the instructions:
  • VT-d disabled
  • CFG-Lock disabled
  • Secure Boot Mode disabled
  • Other OS
  • XHCI Handoff Enabled
  • *Couldn't find anything regarding disabling IO Serial Port in ASUS BIOS*

I've tried booting in safe mode, and verbose mode. I've added a picture of verbose mode below.
(stuck on - [ PCI configuration end, bridges 5, devices 13 ])

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 101295769_273151363882839_694012761654427648_n.jpg
    101295769_273151363882839_694012761654427648_n.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 121
Hi everyone, hope you're keeping safe.

I've just build my first hackintosh, and I am getting stuck on the Apple logo loading screen when I select "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina" on the clover boot screen.
The loading bar goes to 100% but seems to get stuck and never reaches the installer.

I've set my BIOS up according to the instructions:
  • VT-d disabled
  • CFG-Lock disabled
  • Secure Boot Mode disabled
  • Other OS
  • XHCI Handoff Enabled
  • *Couldn't find anything regarding disabling IO Serial Port in ASUS BIOS*

I've tried booting in safe mode, and verbose mode. I've added a picture of verbose mode below.
(stuck on - [ PCI configuration end, bridges 5, devices 13 ])

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi there.

First things first, there are reported problems with some versions of the XFX RX580 and macOS. This is down to the Video BIOS. Check which model you have. There are several posts in the forums which explain the one which causes problems - here's one link.

If that's okay ...

Are you using UniBeast 10 for the installation?

If you haven't already, press Spacebar while at the Clover menu and from the pop-down menu select: Disable KASLR (slide=0) boot command.

:)

Hi there.

First things first, there are reported problems with some versions of the XFX RX580 and macOS. This is down to the Video BIOS. Check which model you have. There are several posts in the forums which explain the one which causes problems - here's one link.

If that's okay ...

Are you using UniBeast 10 for the installation?

If you haven't already, press Spacebar while at the Clover menu and from the pop-down menu select: Disable KASLR (slide=0) boot command.

Thanks for that!

I used UniBeast 10.1.0-4 and am installing Catalina 10.15.4

It appears that there are mixed responses for this specific XFX graphic card. Some people seem to have no issues and others do.

In the mean time just to get macOS up and running I've tried removing the graphics card and running off the integrated graphics but I'm still running in to the same issue. Stuck at 100% and stops at the same place in verbose mode, with KASLR (slide=0) diabled.
I've attached pictures.

Any other ideas? :)
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_155326__01.jpg
    IMG_20200528_155326__01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20200528_144725.jpg
    IMG_20200528_144725.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
Thanks for that!

I used UniBeast 10.1.0-4 and am installing Catalina 10.15.4

It appears that there are mixed responses for this specific XFX graphic card. Some people seem to have no issues and others do.

In the mean time just to get macOS up and running I've tried removing the graphics card and running off the integrated graphics but I'm still running in to the same issue. Stuck at 100% and stops at the same place in verbose mode, with KASLR (slide=0) diabled.
I've attached pictures.

Any other ideas? :)
Thanks!

Hi there.

Sorry the post I linked to has been removed now, but from the other posts, the way I read it was that the 2048 Stream-Processor model would not work, but the 2304 Stream-Processor model would. Here's the one that's okay.

To be honest, checking the XFX web-site there doesn't appear to be a 2048 SP model listed, so maybe this is a red-herring.

If we assume your GPU model is fine then we move on ... What else do we have to check? Nothing. Your other components are also fine. So it's configuration.

Can you boot in Safe Mode? Same Spacebar menu. Select Safe Mode (and also KASLR too if it lets you), Return and boot.

I am having the same issue. I suspect it could be related to usage of 64 gb flash disk. Is your usb also 64 gb?

Hi there.

Sorry the post I linked to has been removed now, but from the other posts, the way I read it was that the 2048 Stream-Processor model would not work, but the 2304 Stream-Processor model would. Here's the one that's okay.

To be honest, checking the XFX web-site there doesn't appear to be a 2048 SP model listed, so maybe this is a red-herring.

If we assume your GPU model is fine then we move on ... What else do we have to check? Nothing. Your other components are also fine. So it's configuration.

Can you boot in Safe Mode? Same Spacebar menu. Select Safe Mode (and also KASLR too if it lets you), Return and boot.

Great, thanks! Luckily that's the GPU I have, so hopefully not the issue, but I'll continue without for now and circle back to the once I make some more progress!

I've tried safe mode, but still same issue unfortunately.

From looking around online for similar issues, I suspect it might be something with USB drivers or BIOS updates, I've looked through this thread, so will try some of these suggestions tomorrow!

I'll let you know how it goes!

I am having the same issue. I suspect it could be related to usage of 64 gb flash disk. Is your usb also 64 gb?
Hey, no mine is 32GB, I'm going to try some of the suggestions in the ink above, maybe you can try some aswell and we'll check back later?! So far I've tried using the EFI Unified 5.1.6 files, but still have the same issue. Will try using the EmuVariableUefi.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI next.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I checked the thread but this does not look like similar to our problem.
Let me know if you will have success but I will try to find info relevant to our case i.e. PCI configuration end, bridges 5, devices 13.
I will keep you posted.

*Couldn't find anything regarding disabling IO Serial Port in ASUS BIOS*

Use the build in my signature for your hardware, there are precompiled EFI folders for you can download.

200530095823.jpg

Shane check this thread. It helpmed me switch to a new problem. But progress is progress eh?
Let e know how you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back