HD3000 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist

Hey i am in the process of hackintoshing my 4540s.

I have created the bootable Mavricks usb, but when i boot it, the apple logo loads up and the loading thing starts spinning and thats it! i have left it on for a hour and nothing is coming up.

Also to be noted whenever i restart my probook after that it gives me a CMOS error and resets it before letting me boot into windows or back in to the usb drive.

i have found this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/70875-4320s-wont-boot-install.html#

and his solution of:

''I can now boot to installer with -x.''

apparently doing that boots it, but just what does ''-x'' mean and how do i do it to get into the installer!

If you Boot from the USB the First you see is the Bootloader.
There you can enter several Bootflags which affect the Booting.
Just Type -x, its the flag for Safe Mode, If you wanna know where it actually hangs Type -v for verbose mode.
You can combine different flags.
Try -x and -v

Thanks! i've booted in safe mode but im getting a error and its hanging just after:

I have tried, GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -v

but am still faced with the same bootcache error, any suggestions?

Follow one of 2 sticky guides.

Hey, thanks. i have followed:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

guide down to a tee and everything has worked so far, but i cannot boot into the installer. im just getting [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]''Unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist''
Any idea on what to do?
[/FONT]

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hey i have updated it, and you told me the right thing to do but it seems to of been removed from the hp laptop thread. but basically i've had to reinstall and I'm back in the same place!! what do i type to get it booting again, i remember you said it had something to do with my motherboard or something?

Hey i have updated it, and you told me the right thing to do but it seems to of been removed from the hp laptop thread. but basically i've had to reinstall and I'm back in the same place!! what do i type to get it booting again, i remember you said it had something to do with my motherboard or something?

Boot verbose (-v) and post quality photo of the entire screen.

Photo on 23-12-2014 at 15.25.jpgPhoto on 23-12-2014 at 15.26.jpgPhoto on 23-12-2014 at 15.27 #2.jpg

here, also every time i reload it the laptop says the cmos checksum is invalid. and gets me to reset it. last time if i remember correctly u said something to do with me having a ivy cpu with my certain moBo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back