Graphics
no graphics card - using onboard graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Disregard specs in the sidebar...that's my old Hackintosh.

Today I'm Hackintoshing a different one, a new Skylake one. I'm using a ASRock Z170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard with a 6700k -- taken right off the April buyer's guide.

I'm following the El Cap instructions here to the T (http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html). So far it's been fairly smooth, except for a hang at the Apple logo before El Cap install, which I eventually solved by turning on FixOwnership in the Clover plist of the thumb drive.

(Note that I don't fully understand Clover, where it is, and what it does...I just figured it out by poking around on this site for long enough. I think I understand that I modified the EFI portion of the thumb drive just to get the El Capitan installer running, and it worked, and it went through its install.)

But now I'm stuck. I reboot the computer and the first thing I see is the Clover boot screen, with two external options (thumb drive EFI and thumb drive El Cap installer), an internal option (boot Clover from EFI), and an HFS option (boot the computer using the El Capitan installer I just ran).

None of the options work, and I don't know what to do from here. Sorry for the dumb question...

If I boot to the internal or external Clover from the EFI, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. Nothing works. (I can't type anything or get out of here, apart from a hard reboot.)

If I boot the El Capitan installer from the thumb drive (i.e. the same thing I ran in step 4), I just get a black screen now. (This is strange because I previously ran the El Cap installer just fine.)

If I boot to the El Capitan installation (the one created in step 4) I just get a black screen.

No idea what to do from here. I have some vague notion that I need to alter the EFI (probably with the same FixOwnership?) but have been reading this site for hours and can't figure out how.

I have not gotten to MultiBeast at all yet. I am stuck on Step 4, Sub-Step 8. The system did install El Capitan, then restarted, and now I'm stuck not knowing what to do with Clover.

THANKS!

Update: if I boot in verbose mode, here's where it gets stuck:

IMG_8342.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back