Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple Logo Black Screen with progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit terminal, it will probably baulk at you that the command will be terminated... something along those lines. thats ok. Then run this script. I know it works.. (hopefully) View attachment audio_cloverALC-1101.zip

Ok...I booted into OS X HD and verified ALC onboard audio....Working

Are the other post install operations we need to get done? Handshake/iCloud etc...

Another question keeps popping up....Do I install the latest adobe flash?

Ok...I booted into OS X HD and verified ALC onboard audio....Working

Are the other post install operations we need to get done? Handshake/iCloud etc...

We're essentially done. You will probably want to use migration assistant to get over whatever data stuff you have. MAKE POSITIVE that you DO NOT select system files and 'other' files. This will get you back to reinstalling faster than the last time..

One of the first things I get working is CPU Native Power Management. Take a look here for how to get it setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html Do not worry that its in the Mavericks section, it still applies to any OS X version, thats just when it was created. You should download and run "Intel Power Gadget" it can be found via a google search and will let you look at what the CPU is running at along with CPU temp. I have 2 of these identical systems, and one was stuck at full clock speed while the other refused to speed step. This fixes that. The steps in the guide are easy to follow, as long as you take it slow and read them thoroughly before beginning. You already have an SSDT in your EFI folder, but there are other steps to take, so I would just start over from scratch, and when it comes time to place the SSDT in the folder, just remove mine and replace with the one generated by the script. There is a problem reporting section and it list exactly what files you need to create, if you have an issue, or want toleda to verify that you got everything correct. Post to that thread.

If you want to get iMessage working, I would stay away from signing into iCloud and App Store, iTunes Store etc.. Basically anything that will allow apple to start logging your system against your AppleID. Although very thorough the http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html thread has great instructions on how to get it working and its down right simple with clover. If you have any issue getting iMessage running, post to that thread and someone will help you. I spend a lot of time working/helping out in that thread too.

You can test USB ports to see which ones are working and not, and test USB 3.0 for speed, this can somewhat be verified by looking at USB in system profile.. Utilities > System Information.. I have all USB 3.0 working at native speed and I only have 2 USB 2.0 ports that do not work because of the port limit (one off the front header (front of case) and one on the back I/O port. Yours should be close, if not identical.

However, ultimately if I were you, I would fire up iTunes with your favorite music and have a beer. I know this has been frustrating for you. But I told you we would get there, didn't I? Now send my bosses a handwritten letter telling them I need a raise! jk, we don't get paid and its nice to get a thank you ;)

Ill stay subscribed to this thread for a while and you can let me know how things are coming along. I wont be able to walk you through everything like this, but I can definitely get you pointed in the right direction at least. So ask if you have other questions..

Glad we got you back up and running :D

Good Morning!
With accidental slumber I was not able to get to your post until this morning.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big SHOUT OUT to you and all that you have done to help me with this. :headbang::headbang::headbang::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If there were a way that I could repay you I would be so happy to do that. Beer/Wine you name it! If there is anyone I need to send a letter or message to I will be more than happy to do it.

As for migrating files, I believe that I have everything since I didn't lose anything on the desktop. I probably will leave well enough alone on that. I will follow the iMessage thread to get that working. I will try to stay away from apple ID.

AirDrop? Is there anything I need to do to get it working as I use that quite a bit.

Good Morning!
With accidental slumber I was not able to get to your post until this morning.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big SHOUT OUT to you and all that you have done to help me with this. :headbang::headbang::headbang::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If there were a way that I could repay you I would be so happy to do that. Beer/Wine you name it! If there is anyone I need to send a letter or message to I will be more than happy to do it.

As for migrating files, I believe that I have everything since I didn't lose anything on the desktop. I probably will leave well enough alone on that. I will follow the iMessage thread to get that working. I will try to stay away from apple ID.

AirDrop? Is there anything I need to do to get it working as I use that quite a bit.

Your thanks and the satisfaction of success is more than enough payment. No, there is no one to contact, I was just kidding about that. Glad you dont have to migrate any files and didnt lose anything. Im subscribed to the iMessage thread, so just post there if you run into any issue. biggest mistake people make is trying to connect, without being sure their values are correct and consistent.

Im not sure about AirDrop as I do not have a need for wifi and therefore dont have it (on this system anyway).

I think you overlooked a big one though; Native power management I think is important as you might be bottlenecked or be running at full clock. At a minimum, I would generate the baseline files so you can tell for yourself if it is working and how important it is to you, to address. Only really takes installing one kext, running a terminal command to look at the p-states and then looking at the visual output of Intel Power Gadget, both at rest and under heavy load (I use handbrake to test this) to tell how well it is working.

Good luck :thumbup:

Couple of questions if you are still following this:
I keep getting notifications that there are updates and would I like to update now. I am wondering what do I do with updates?

Also, when I said I didn't lose anything, I actually lost my authentication key for my office 2011 suite. I wonder if there is a way to retrieve it from a time machine backup or is it on my computer from before. I know we switched out some things and I am not sure where to look. I do not have access to the email that I used to sign up for it at this time. Somehow I have to be able to reinstall or retrieve the key, I hope.

And lastly, Can I put my sleep preferences back in order now?

Thank you so much.

Couple of questions if you are still following this:
I keep getting notifications that there are updates and would I like to update now. I am wondering what do I do with updates?

Also, when I said I didn't lose anything, I actually lost my authentication key for my office 2011 suite. I wonder if there is a way to retrieve it from a time machine backup or is it on my computer from before. I know we switched out some things and I am not sure where to look. I do not have access to the email that I used to sign up for it at this time. Somehow I have to be able to reinstall or retrieve the key, I hope.

And lastly, Can I put my sleep preferences back in order now?

Thank you so much.

To stop update notifications go to System Preferences > App Store and uncheck 'automatically check for updates'

As for how to handle updates - Smaller items; apps, iTunes etc. "usually" dont cause problems. Ive seen printer drivers and other 'innocent' looking items cause issue though. Save your UniBeast install USB and if you experience any issue, most times you can boot from it and fix things. I also recommend SuperDuper (however CCC may have same functionality) SD allows you to make a bootable backup of your system and store it to another drive. You can use the 'smart' backup for TM disks that will make your TimeMachine disk bootable with the new backup, but will not alter TM's backups or functions (still works the same).

OS X version updates, like the newest 10.11.1, can cause issue, but with Clover allowing updates like a regular Mac via the App Store, these are limited. Always best on these, to not be an early adopter and 'need' to have it day one. Give it a day or so, and come here and read about issues and fixes that users are experiencing. My El Capitan guide for this board is 99% complete and will be posted in a day or so. On there, when I update, I will make notes on the OP with specific issues, if any. Again this wont happen within an hour of release bc I do not 'have' to have things immediately. Most likely after these version updates you will need to re-run the CloverALC audio command. The one you have, will most likely continue to work for some time, however if you run into issues, DL the latest and run it.

Was your Auth. key stored on a text file somewhere? Always very important to do this in case of scenarios like yours presently. If it was, 'or' you can locate the specific system file that Office would have it saved to, you could easily use TM to retrieve those.

Set sleep preferences back to however you wish.

Cheers :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back