Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple Logo Black Screen with progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
What boot flags did you have to enter this time to boot? Do a reboot, and make sure it boots again before we go changing anything.

What boot flags did you have to enter this time to boot? Do a reboot, and make sure it boots again before we go changing anything.

The only thing I had to add was the -v
Should I have to do that again to reboot? Will I have to do that every time I boot?

No, -v is only for verbose mode for diagnosis.. Use it a couple more times, just incases it hangs, I can see whats up. Then you wont have to use it at all :)

Ok...restarted and got back to desktop. I only put in -v again.

I wil check back in a little while to move forward.

Ok...restarted and got back to desktop. I only put in -v again.

I wil check back in a little while to move forward.
:headbang: Dude thats so Freaking sweet, Im so happy we are getting this figured out for you...

The next steps configure the system's Realtek ALC onboard audio codec.

• Download: (View Raw, make sure you download .zip, if asked) audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
  • Double click Downloads/audio_cloverALC-110.command
  • Password?
  • Confirm Realtek ALC (y/n): y
  • Legacy_v100202 (y/n): n
  • Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): y
  • Clover Audio ID injection (y/n): y
  • Rebooot
  • Verify ALC onboard audio
    • System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device
    • You will more than likely have to try different outputs; however mine is (I believe, the black output on the back I/O) and one of the "Line Out - Audio line-out port(s)"

Howdy!
Here is what I have when following the above directions: Doesn't match and extra questions. I don't know what to click on the use Audio 1 and what will come up after this.
Audio 1.jpg

Suggestions?

you want to select yes.. sorry I didnt know the script had been updated..

Now This One:
Audio 2.jpg

What do I put in?

try y and hit enter.. It looks like it wants to override the values I already had stored

It did not take that...just gave me the same line as the last one on the last picture...says no file exists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back