Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple Logo Black Screen with progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look in the manual i linked you, for how to enable/disable onboard/internal graphics. Boot into desktop with USB and post picture of System preferences with nvidia web driver device manager open, showing that they are enabled. It should look like this:
Screenshot 2015-10-18 16.41.18.png

I read through the manual and the only thing it says is this:
IGFX.jpg
I didn't see anything about enabling or disabling.

When I try to get to desktop now it goes back to same thing as #136. If I go from USB it will ask me to install OS X again.

In the BIOS set the "Init Display First" to PEG for PCIe. Also Right after that in the manual under "Internal Graphics" set that to Disabled

For booting off of the USB, F12 and choose the UEFI USB option. At the Clover boot menu, choose to boot your system drive and not the installer. I just did this with a UniBeast Drive to verify, so I know its possible.

In the picture I posted of the nvidia device manager with the Web Drivers selected, is that what it looked like for you, when you said they were already installed? The only way for them to get there is to DL and install them manually. That is what I wanted you to do.

This is it:
Nvidia Driver.jpg

I am on using the UEFI boot and made the necessary boot flag arguments.

You're into the desktop booting off of the system HDD/SSD or off of the UniBeast USB? If off of the system disk, I need to know the boot flags you used in order to change the config.plist for you?

I followed these from your post above:
"For booting off of the USB, F12 and choose the UEFI USB option. At the Clover boot menu, choose to boot your system drive and not the installer. I just did this with a UniBeast Drive to verify, so I know its possible."

I am at the desktop and it is nice looking.

This is what arguments I used:
Boot Flag To Desktop.jpg

Now what?

If your booting off of the USB fine, and not the system drive something is amiss with the EFI folder on the system drive.. Mount the system EFI drive and move the EFI folder to the desktop. Replace with this View attachment EFI.zip folder. This is my personal EFI Folder, if we cant get you booting with this IDK where we stand. I edited it for the boot flags you require, so you should only have to enter -v. But be sure if they do not show up, to continue to use the same bootflags. Make for positive that you are mounting the correct EFI Partition.

Ok...I did what you said to do and when I hit to run from MacHD it went into the boot screen and I actually heard my speakers make noise(little pop) and it got me to the login screen. However, my mouse and keyboard are not working (they run off the usb dongle). So what do we do for that so I can get my password put in for the login? I do not have a wired mouse or keyboard.

Edit**
Nice Clover Theme by the way!

My bluetooth keyboard will activate at the login screen, it just takes a minute. I would try other ports on your hack, because in El Capitan not all ports work without an injector and some modification.. You should only have one or two ports that do not work, so try moving the dongle around to different locations..

Ok..that worked. I am to the desktop.
So success to this point!:D

Now ready for post install and sound correct?

Edit**
I guess we need to do some work on the usb injectors as well etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back