Contribute
Register

Stuck in Apple Boot White Screen - GA-Z87x-UD3H / i7 4770K / HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot short. This guide is very detailed, lovely step-by-step.

As I said in the other thread, I already updated my BIOS and let's hope that fixes the problems.

Tomorrow I'll install Mavericks again, then I'll let you know.

Thanks ;)

Hey,

your error description and the screen you posted from trying to boot with -v looks suspicioulsy like what i got when i tried to boot with only an analog monitor attached to the HD4600 graphics. As i found out, this is not supported by apple. Can you check if you are using a DVI-I or VGA cable for your monitor ?

If so, you need to switch to DVI-D, DP or HDMI. (Ok, i am not sure which of the 3 will be default on the UD3H, as i had that issue with an H87N, but it still looks familiar)

A

Asgothian.. You the man. I just changed monitors and after a week of trying various things, my install is running. Put the new monitor in, did a fresh reinstall, 15 min later up and running. Wow such a simple fix. You should post a new thread with the possible fix for others. I've been working on it a week now and read of others with very similar problems

Thanks again

Tres

Yes, I'm using VGA. I need to buy an adapter VGA-DVI to see if it works. My monitor doesn't have DVI or HDMI, and it only supports 1680x1050 (samsung 2243lnx)

I already installed Mavericks again, but to reach to the installation part, I needed to do this: -x -v PCIRootUID=1
Otherwise, i got this (-x -v):
CameraZOOM-20131030212948233.jpg

Well, I continue my installation, Boot from USB again and choose Mavericks. I install Multibeast using your config and restart the system with -v.

This is what I got:
CameraZOOM-20131030223302259.jpg

With the use of -v PCIRootUID=1, I finally get into OSX :D ...

But there's a few problems:
- I have sound, but it's "choppy"
- Lost USB's in the case and some in the board cause Kernel errors (?? ... The system freezes with lines of text, like the pictures...)
- Internal Graphics isn't detected

CameraZOOM-20131030232911578.jpgCameraZOOM-20131030232855883.jpgCameraZOOM-20131030232832759.jpg
(sorry for the cellphone shots, but I still have to buy a Wi-Fi card for the Hackintosh)

Yes, I'm using VGA. I need to buy an adapter VGA-DVI to see if it works. My monitor doesn't have DVI or HDMI, and it only supports 1680x1050 (samsung 2243lnx)
[SNIP]
Sorry to say, but from all i see, an adapter DVI to VGA will not do the trick. The Framebuffer for Intel HD4x and HD5x does not support analog output at all. If the monitor has no digital input, you will need to rely on something like this to convert the digital signal into an analog one. An alternative would be to buy a supported PCI-e video card which still supports analog output.

I would assume that the sound and freezing issues are related to the fact that the system is running the graphics in a very basic VGA compatibility mode, which is not intended for day to day use.

Perhaps you have a chance to test the setup with a borrowed monitor which has HDMI or DVI, just to verify that the rest of the configuration works before you pay up and obtain a solution which will work with your analog monitor.

A.

Thank you very much for the help and explanation.

I took a borrowed monitor with DVI and I'm installing OSX again. And I already noted one difference, when I boot from USB to get into the installer, I only need to do -x. Before I had to type -x PCIRootUID=1.

Now lets see if the rest of the installation goes OK :D

I was waiting for Black Friday to buy a monitor and a Nvidia GTX graphics, but I guess I'll need to buy one of them before.
If a buy a PCI-E graphics, will OSX support a monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050 ??

Thank you very much for the help and explanation.

...[SNIP]
If a buy a PCI-E graphics, will OSX support a monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050 ??

I am afraid that depends on the entries made in the frame buffer for the card you want to buy. Key question is not the resolution - i am certain that is supported - but if the frame buffer for the card will support analog output. If you head over to the graphics forum (post-Install), you should find a post describing the personalities of the frame buffers for various graphics chips. You need to look for one which explicitly lists VGA as output connector. As i have no external card, i cannot really tell you what to expect.

A

Probably it's better if I buy the monitor now and wait for December to buy a graphic card. At least I know the monitor will solve the problem.

With the DVI monitor, I finally installed everything without any flags :D
CameraZOOM-20131031143554984.jpg

All USB's seems to work fine (at least the pen drive), but the sound is still choppy. Dunno how to fix this.

Once again, thanks for pointing the problem, I would never guess it.

Is the sound choppy all the time?
I have the problem that when I use the internal sound card (ALC898), sound stops working from time to time until I stop the audio ouput (e.g. music) and wait for a few seconds.
I simply bought a USB sound card, that fixed the problem.

If I play a music, it "stops" every few seconds... I can't hear the music without small interruptions,. I guess if I can't fix this problem, I'll need to buy a USB sound card to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back