Contribute
Register

Stuck at the beginning of installation! Coffee Lake help

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many hours spent I finally managed to get into installation, I used second USB flash drive 2.0. Now, I have new problem. During the installation everything freezes on approximately 2 minutes remaining. I tried a couple times and every time the freeze is at the same point. I can't move mouse, nothing. Here is the log where installation breaks.
Install log.jpg

Once again, help?

Thanks,
Milos

After many hours spent I finally managed to get into installation, I used second USB flash drive 2.0. Now, I have new problem. During the installation everything freezes on approximately 2 minutes remaining. I tried a couple times and every time the freeze is at the same point. I can't move mouse, nothing. Here is the log where installation breaks.
View attachment 334313

Once again, help?

Thanks,
Milos
hello brothers, have you succeeded install the hackintosh? i have same problem. please give me some instructions. thanks

@unggular, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have this very same issue. Installation crashes with 2 minutes remaining before first reboot.

Hardware: Asus B360-F Gaming Motherboard (ROG STRIX) / nVIDIA 1050TI 4Gb / 16Gb CORSAIR RGB PRO 3000MHz DDR4 (2x8Gb) / Samsung SSD 860EVO / Core i7 8700 CPU (CoffeeLake Hexcore). I had to obtain an EFI patch made by someone (which worked) just to get clover to show the installer USB.

I have set the recommended bios settings as follows:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
The only other setting i changed (after loading defaults of course) was enabling XMP for the RAM clocking. So i set it back to its default setting (auto) which didn't work, and also turned it OFF (also didn't work).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Knowing me it's something simple i've probably overlooked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back