Contribute
Register

Stuck at Black Screen After Booting Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, I'm glad to hear it's finally working for you. You really shouldn't be getting a CMOS reset with that DSDT because it's the F11 version patched by Macman and downloaded from the DSDT database. All I did is add the Graphics card edit to it. Post back again if you continue to get the CMOS reset.

I don't really know about a solution for your audio, toleda is the audio master here so maybe you can try to get him to help you with it. I know he has several audio threads on here, so try to find one for audio support.

Dil83

Yeah thanks a lot again. The CMOS restart hasn't done it since those first few times, so I think that's ok now. As for the audio, I'm sure I'll find one that'll work eventually.

I'm still going to test this drive out a little more before I wipe the other one and reinstall. I want to make sure sleep works correctly and a few other little things, as for now when I sleep it works, but when I wake it up I get a KP after a little while of using it. I wish I could fix my other drive. I tried copying the Extension folder and the Extra folder from this new working install over to that, and then did Kext Helper on the folder and fixed permissions. It just boots up and stays on the Grey Apple and then after a while just shows a pic of the No Drive symbol, Circle with the Line through it. So not sure if I should just reinstall or still try to fix that install if there is a way?

Boot with "GraphicsEnabler=no"

Guys,

I installed mavericks on my laptop Dell Vostro 3460 and I used to install the flag "PCIRootUID = 1 'and the installation often occurred. On the second boot screen appears apple but then everything is black. 've Tried flags like "GraphicsEnabler = No, GraphicsEnabler = Yes, arch = i386, NPCI = 0x2000, and others, and so far nothing. My video card is Nvidia. What Can I Do?

Thanks to you guys, I was able to fix this same issue.

motherboard : gygabyte h67n-usb3
graphics card : nvidia 560ti

The solution in my case :
boot on the unibeast USB drive, select in the menu the icon Mavericks, start typing on your keyboard => the command line appears. Type the following command : GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1
press enter.

That´s it ! The magic happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back