Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know that this laptop will work because I got it working once a few days ago but I tried using the Probook Installer and it messed up my installation. Trouble is, I don't remember what it is I did to get it working in the first place!

I have a hackintosh mac pro which I'm using to help with the install. I've been using carbon copy cloner to copy my successful mountain lion installation from my mac pro to a laptop hdd which I'm then inserting into the probook and booting.

Unfortunately, it keeps hanging at the apple spinning loading ring. Like I said, I've had it up and running but after messed up the installation from running the most recent probook installer, I gave up for a couple days. I've tried booting with the flag -v and the last thing I see before it hangs is:

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

I have been searching for hours and I haven't been able to find a thread on this particular computer or problem. Can anyone help?

The specs of my ProBook 6570b:
Intel core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
4.00 gb RAM
320gb hitachi hdd
DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL
15.6" diagonal LED-backlit HD+ anti-glare (1600 x 900)
Bios: 68ICE Ver. F.02
Atheros Wireless

A link to my hackintosh build:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.921329865629.2200181.22805031&type=1&l=a399a4c93c

I know that this laptop will work because I got it working once a few days ago but I tried using the Probook Installer and it messed up my installation. Trouble is, I don't remember what it is I did to get it working in the first place!

I have a hackintosh mac pro which I'm using to help with the install. I've been using carbon copy cloner to copy my successful mountain lion installation from my mac pro to a laptop hdd which I'm then inserting into the probook and booting.

Unfortunately, it keeps hanging at the apple spinning loading ring. Like I said, I've had it up and running but after messed up the installation from running the most recent probook installer, I gave up for a couple days. I've tried booting with the flag -v and the last thing I see before it hangs is:

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

I have been searching for hours and I haven't been able to find a thread on this particular computer or problem. Can anyone help?

The specs of my ProBook 6570b:
Intel core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
4.00 gb RAM
320gb hitachi hdd
DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL
15.6" diagonal LED-backlit HD+ anti-glare (1600 x 900)
Bios: 68ICE Ver. F.02
Atheros Wireless

A link to my hackintosh build:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.921329865629.2200181.22805031&type=1&l=a399a4c93c

I'm not sure using the image from your desktop build is a wise idea. For one thing, we have no idea what tweaks you've made for the desktop and whether they are applicable to the laptop. Probably better off doing a fresh installing using purchased Retail ML w/ Unibeast.

I'll give it a try after work today and let you know how it goes. I have a sinking feeling it will still be stubborn but I'm trying to stay optimistic!

Thanks

I would prefer to keep my cloned version as it would probably take days for me to install all the apps and change all the personal settings the way I like it. So if anyone has a solution for my cloned installation I'm all ears. Like I said, I HAVE had it working. It was after I tried the probook installer that it crapped out on me....

Thanks!!

I would prefer to keep my cloned version as it would probably take days for me to install all the apps and change all the personal settings the way I like it. So if anyone has a solution for my cloned installation I'm all ears. Like I said, I HAVE had it working. It was after I tried the probook installer that it crapped out on me....

Thanks!!

Keep in mind that the kext package in the Probook installer will be useful for you, but probably not the DSDT or SSDTs.
Your CPU is Ivy and we have no Ivy SSDTs there.

And you should probably look at patching your own DSDT with an eye towards the idea that maybe the Probook 4x30s patches might be useful (with tweaks). https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

And for Ivy SSDT, you should probably look at using my modified RevoGirl script to generate: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/56622-ssdts-all-i3-i5-i7-please-test-give-feedback.html (it is ssdtPRGen.sh in the attachment).

Finally, there is a thread for the 4x40s series in this forum (do search) and it may have some useful info for you since the 4x40 series is Ivy/HD4000 and so is yours. Not sure if you have same chipset as the 4x40s (HM65 vs HM7? vs ???). That's something for you to check.

Wow, all great information. For the past couple years I've always done all my jailbreaking/hackintoshing on my own without posting threads. This is definitely a pleasant and welcome alternative. I will definitely be posting more often and trying to help others if I can as well! I'm anxious to get home and get crankin'. I still have about 4 and a half hours at work... Will keep you updated.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back