Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I use unibeast to create a USB drive, ML installs wonderfully easy and once it is booted it runs perfectly! However when I install Multibeast with my mobo's DSDT and restart, it never gets back to the OS. It just holds at the Apple Logo. Anything I can be doing wrong? I've searched the forums and tried what I saw that was similar but nothing seemed to fix it. Thanks

Gigabyte Z68MX-UD3H B3 F12
Nvidia GTX 460
8GB Ram
Kingston 128 SSD

Have you tried booting with the flags

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

since you installed multibeast? It may reveal whats going on.

You may well have the same problems I had with a Z68 board.
Install the AppleACPIPlatform.kext Rollback from Multibeast and see if it works
and try to boot with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 on the Nvidia card via Nvidia DVI.

If it DOESN'T WORK then I suggest you follow my guide here > http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...n-lion-10-8-2-intel-hd4000-nvidia-gtx660.html and reinstall OSX but via the Nvidia GTX card method:

a) Attaching the monitor to the Nvidia DVI
b) Making sure the BIOS for video source is set to AUTO, with RAM of 64MB Max
c) Using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci-0x2000

I've been reading online that DSDT with the Mountain Lion seems to be causing a lot of problems.
So what I suggest is a DSDT-free install. Try NOT to use the DSDT as much as you can.

I've had much success with Multibeast 5.1.3 with ML 10.8.2 so that's what I would use for this.
Once you've got the install, install as minimal drivers as you can with NO DSDT or SSDT,
but just USERDSDT, audio WITHOUT DSDT REALTEK ALC 8xx, and Hnak's network drivers.
If it still stalls at the boot time, try installing the AppleACPIPlatform rollback again and
rebooting with -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci-0x2000

Thank you. Should I type in the info at the select screen before installing or only after? Should I do DSDT Free? Or Easy? When I install the OS and initially get into it, everything works perfect. Ethernet, sound, drives, I need to add absolutely nothing, I just need to get it to restart without the unibeast USB.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back