Gigabyte B365M H LGA 1151
CPU
i3-9100f
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 570 Expedition 4G
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi everyone,

I was trying to install another hackintosh these days. However, the installation stopped at either apfs_module_start: 1393 or using 16384 buffer headers and 10248 cluster IO buffer headers. See the attached screenshot.

The main specs are:
CPU: i3-9100f
MB: Gigabyte B365M H
GPU: Asus Radeon RX570 4G
SSD: Silicon Power 256GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
Monitor: 4K monitor connected via DP

I have tried two solutions which are useful for others' build, but none of them did the job in my case. So far, I tried:

1. ACPI patch
2. Downgrade BIOS

I don't know if the error is related to motherboard or CPU without iGPU, but I've seen others using

I also attached the config.plist and EFI folder.

Hopefully someone can help me, thanks.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125
  • EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
  • config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 93
Hi nlife7, did you solved it ?

that seem like a new thing to unlock motherboard...and pay 20$ for that... I'll check on the forum if this is true. Thanks for that reply.

that seem like a new thing to unlock motherboard...and pay 20$ for that... I'll check on the forum if this is true. Thanks for that reply.
Seems like you are paying for something you can find here for free, I'm thinking its just the unlocking the MSR value. He was also missing anything in his ACPI/patched folder, at minimum to boot Catalina you'd need SSDT-EC-USBX.aml. Courtesy of @pastrychef see here:

wow! thanks that was super fast reply Leesureone!

Seems like you are paying for something you can find here for free, I'm thinking its just the unlocking the MSR value. He was also missing anything in his ACPI/patched folder, at minimum to boot Catalina you'd need SSDT-EC-USBX.aml. Courtesy of @pastrychef see here:

I'Ve checked the Pastrychef and there half of what is written that doesn't work at all...
so there is no other way to get over error 1393 than having the MSR unlock ? are you sure ?

I'Ve checked the Pastrychef and there half of what is written that doesn't work at all...
so there is no other way to get over error 1393 than having the MSR unlock ? are you sure ?
All I said about the MSR was no need to pay for it. That's not a final fix by any means. I ran without unlocking that value in the bios for months. Did you find and add the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to ACPI patched? Beyond that it's how your EFI folder is configured.

Did you find and add the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to ACPI patched?

Nope I only used the SSDT-EC.aml.. ok let me try that!
Should I use both SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and SSDT-EC.aml?

Last edited:
Nope I only used the SSDT-EC.aml.. ok let me try that!
Nope any difference, still and ALWAYS stuck at error 1393!!! For days now.
Here my EFI for install boot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back