Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Stuck at 1400x1050 - The Only Option

Hey all,

I just built my second budget hack:

i3 3220
Gigabyte B75M-HD3
Sapphire Technology: AMD Radeon HD 5450

It was actually much easier to get the boot to stick than my last hack, but now I can't get the screen resolution right through the DVI. It's stuck at 1400x1050. I have tried editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, but that only boosted the graphics the first time I did it. I can't seem to get the right aspect ratio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the help!

Does the screen work for your other hackintosh?

Yeah, perfectly. In fact, it's running 2 screens at the correct resolution.

On the new one I used a newer motherboard and a better graphics card, but otherwise everything else was the same. I couldn't get it in Mtn Lion, so I tried Lion (like my first build) and couldn't get it there so I'm back trying to get it to work in Mtn Lion. I've tried everything I can think of. The plist got me to the resolution I'm at, but there's still only one option for the wrong aspect ratio and it's different than the resolution in the plist.

Any ideas?

Yeah, perfectly. In fact, it's running 2 screens at the correct resolution.

On the new one I used a newer motherboard and a better graphics card, but otherwise everything else was the same. I couldn't get it in Mtn Lion, so I tried Lion (like my first build) and couldn't get it there so I'm back trying to get it to work in Mtn Lion. I've tried everything I can think of. The plist got me to the resolution I'm at, but there's still only one option for the wrong aspect ratio and it's different than the resolution in the plist.

Any ideas?

No idea if this thread would help : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/62363-amd-radeon-hd5450-qe-ci-mountain-lion.html

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back