Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just built a new computer with a Gigabyte B365M DS3H and i5-9400 with 16 GB RAM. I installed Big Sur using OpenCore and updated it to 11.4. All is mostly working well except for a video issue that is not urgent. What is urgent is fixing the USB ports. I started with the New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration by @UtterDisbelief. On the first step it says to install USBInjectAll.kext into EFI/OC/Kexts and to add this kext to my config.plist in the Kernel pane of OC Configurator. I did those, saved my config.plist file but on reboot the computer made it to the log in screen where it promptly froze. I had to remove the SSD, delete USBInjectAll.kext and delete its entry in my config.plist file before I could reboot the computer again. I'm not sure if this is because I'm using Big Sur (the Beginner's Guide seems focused on Mojave and Catalina) or if I'm just missing something. I confess I'm new to OpenCore and I'm sure that's a contributory factor.

At any rate, with the computer booted without USBInjectAll.kext, Hackintool reports the ports in the attached illustrations. Those in red are USB3 and those in green are USB2. (The WiFi/Bluetooth is the fenvi PCI card and appears to be fully functional with Bluetooth.) When I insert a USB2 flash drive into the USB3 ports, they don't mount and nothing shows up in Hackintool. I have question marks for several HS ports. I suspect those are the same numbers as SS ports (e.g., SS01 is also HS01, SS02 is also HS02, etc.). At this point, I'm really not sure where to go. I've been working on this most of the day and I can't seem to get past this point. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mapped ports.jpg
    Mapped ports.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Hackintool USB.png
    Hackintool USB.png
    218.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I'm such a moron. I forgot to uncheck XhciPortLimit in OC Configurator. I now have my ports all working.

Hi there.

Yes, the XhciPortLimit quirk is a known problem for Big Sur since 11.3.

Glad you have your USB ports back now.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back