Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR5
CPU
i7 12700
Graphics
RX 6600
I have installed Monterey recenly on my new build (specs below), everything works fine though have some strange issues with this build.

Mobo: Gigabyte UD AX DDR5 with
CPU: i7 12700
GPU: AMD Dual RX 6600

1. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext are loaded. I aded them on OC/Kexts folder and configured on config.plist too.
2. Booting into Monterey is not successfull everytime. Sometimes it just restart in the edge of apple logo progress bar. Sometime boots without any issues. I compared both log files on success and failed boot everything is same. Excep slide in boot argument is different, I read in some forums slide will be randomly generated by MacOS itself. So I don't know what causing boot issue sometimes.

Attached is my EFI. Removed SMBIOS.

PS: I can't add this system on my build signature because my mobo is not showing in the picker and there is no option to input any name.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 35
I have installed Monterey recenly on my new build (specs below), everything works fine though have some strange issues with this build.

Mobo: Gigabyte UD AX DDR5 with
CPU: i7 12700
GPU: AMD Dual RX 6600

1. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and BlueToolFixup.kext are loaded. I aded them on OC/Kexts folder and configured on config.plist too.
2. Booting into Monterey is not successfull everytime. Sometimes it just restart in the edge of apple logo progress bar. Sometime boots without any issues. I compared both log files on success and failed boot everything is same. Excep slide in boot argument is different, I read in some forums slide will be randomly generated by MacOS itself. So I don't know what causing boot issue sometimes.

Attached is my EFI. Removed SMBIOS.

PS: I can't add this system on my build signature because my mobo is not showing in the picker and there is no option to input any name.
lilu kext should be the first in your list

also you are over the 15 port limit

also seems strange to see HS01 set as 255 for your wifi card

set both of these to 0 for Monterey:

Code:
<key>MinDate</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>
            <key>MinVersion</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>

lilu kext should be the first in your list

also you are over the 15 port limit

also seems strange to see HS01 set as 255 for your wifi card

set both of these to 0 for Monterey:

Code:
<key>MinDate</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>
            <key>MinVersion</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>
Thanks @Feartech for the quick response. I also tried moving lilu first to the list but still having same issue.

Regarding wifi card, I set it to 255 to mark it as internal, I read it in some guide we should mark it to 255 to work. Initially it was 3 when I port mapped in windows.

I'll try setting this and update here the results

@Feartech
I have Fixed Kext order and changed HS01 back to 3 in my USBPorts.kext.
Also updated MinDate and MinVersion to 0. It was not solved the problem.

Now I changed SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 now IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext is loaded and I can turn on/off BT in preference. But no discovered devices are listed in BT preference and I can't pair any devices.

Whenever I make changes on OpenCore or any Kext the boot failed and restart automaticaly for 2-4 times and boot into Login screen. This is really strange. I attached logs recent failed and success boot for me both seems identical.

I also attached My original DSDT dumbed from Windows 11 running on same hardware in seperate M.2.

Attachments

• failed1.txt
    256 KB · Views: 26
  • failed2.txt
    256 KB · Views: 27
  • success.txt
    256 KB · Views: 30
  • DSDT.dsl
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
In Hackintool the BT device is showed as Broadcom device and Address is Null for Bluetooth in system information.

I think this is the problem. It should show Intel bluetooth device not sure why its shows BCM. I didn't installed any BCM kexts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.57.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.57.00 AM.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.56.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.56.10 AM.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 34
In Hackintool the BT device is showed as Broadcom device and Address is Null for Bluetooth in system information.

I think this is the problem. It should show Intel bluetooth device not sure why its shows BCM. I didn't installed any BCM kexts.

Hi there.

I'm not sure I understand the config edits you have done since your first post, so I may be missing the point here.

Your motherboard features a USB2 Hub on the back panel. Those 4x black ports. There are no single, dedicated USB2 ports. Just these. They cause problems.

If you are using a Bluetooth USB dongle inserted in one of these, it may not activate correctly because they are part of a hub. You could use one of the blue ports instead and configure that as "255" in your USBPorts.kext.

Please confirm exactly what the wireless / BT set up you are using, is. Are you using the Intel built-in wireless or a PCIe Broadcom card? Is Bluetooth on an external dongle a it appears?

For internal Intel bluetooth you would normally activate HS14 and set that as "255" internal. This is why I suspect you are using a USB dongle. In this case you should probably disable the Intel wirelss in your BIOS.

So, a bit confusing for us to understand what your set-up actually is. Please let us know.

Hi @UtterDisbelief

Sorry for the lack of details.

I'm trying to configure Intel's onboard Wifi and Bluetooth. Below are the specs from my Gigabyte website for my motherboard.

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (For PCB rev. 1.0)

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (For PCB rev. 1.1)
  1. WIFI a, b, g, n, ac, ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz carrier frequency bands
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (For PCB rev. 1.2)
  1. WIFI a, b, g, n, ac, ax, supporting 2.4/5/6 GHz carrier frequency bands
  2. BLUETOOTH 5.2
  3. Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate
    * Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
So I'm configuruing AX211. I setup Wifi with Airportitlwm.kext and it works without any issues. I have problems only with the Bluetooth. Will upload EFI setup shortly.

Attached is the updated EFI I'm using currently.

I used USBMapTool on windows and generated that USBMap.kext file but I don't think its correct or not. I tried setting different ports as Internal to make Bluetooth Works like HS01, HS08 and HS14 but nothing works. When I tried to port map on MacOS by adding USBInjectAll and setting XCHIPortLimit Quirk on Opencore and I can't see all ports in Hackintool only HS01 - HS14 ports are shown, no SSXX ports shown so I can't detect USB 2 ports on MacOS.

Also my USB Controller is also not detected correctly, the Name part is shown as ??? in Hackintool everytime even when using USBInjectAll, so can't properly do USB port on MacOS and Generated in USB Map in Windows is not promising.

But I'm curios my wifi works without any setup and USB mapping, I thought both wifi and bt are configured in same controller.

Attached screenshot from Hackintool when USBInjectAll is used to detect all ports. And Bluetooth info on Apple System information is still Broadcom

Also IOUSBHostDevice is linked to HS08, is it my motherboard configured BT on that port or because I mapped HS08 port as Internal?

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: NULL
State: Off
Chipset: BCM_4350C2
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v0 c0
Product ID: 0x0001
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
Transport: USB
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.49.16 PM.png