Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am aware that there are issues with using the built in Bluetooth on the Gigabyte Z77a-UP5 TH motherboard, but something interesting recently happened when I had to do a clean install of my 10.8.4 system.

I had never had success getting my IOGear bluetooth adapter, or my Targus USB bluetooth adapter to work. But upon successful reinstallation, I all of a sudden had bluetooth connectivity and a working Magic Trackpad! What wasn't yet working was my AppleID - I hadn't done the EFI studio hack to relabel the ethernet port in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. When I did that and rebooted, I had a bluetooth connection for about 5 seconds after logging in, and then back to the old behavior of having a number of strange MAC addresses all show up in my Bluetooth preference window, and my trackpad disconnected and unable to connect.

I have no idea why these two events should be connected, but I can assure you that changing that file was the only change I made between when my Trackpad could connect and when it could not. Many of you are far more experienced than I at working with Hackintoshes, so does this make any sense to you? Is there more information that I could provide to shed light on this?

Best,
Todd

Are you using any USB3 devices?

I use a logitech bluetooth dongle, and was having a terrible time with my magic trackpad. (Other bluetooth mice were also temperamental.)

One day I noticed that if the USB3 external drive I was using for Time Machine was unplugged, bluetooth devices work fine. I googled and apparently USB3 devices create a lot of radio interference that causes problems for bluetooth. As long as I keep the two separated they're fine.

(We really like the Magic Trackpad. Hope you can solve your issue.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back