Contribute
Register

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i7-2700K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i5-2500K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Hmmmmm. When I modified /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plst I hadn't tried the 6850 yet. I was always trying to get the HD3000 working. When I gave up on that I decided to install the 6850. But before I did I modified the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plst according to your instructions, I installed it and it seemed to work fine but not without some problems. Wrong profile, Chess doesn't work, Acceleration problems. So I re-ran MultiBeast to see if that would do anything. No luck, but I did notice that the information I had typed into the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plst was no longer there and that I couldn't boot up without typing GraphicsEnabler=No. So I re-ran MultiBeast back to my original settings. I then restarted and boom it booted right up with the 6850 card and no /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plst modifications. This leads me to believe those modifications didn't really do anything. I ordered a very inexpensive card I know will work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Pro Tools but I would like to get the 6850 working in Snow Leopard but I have my doubts.

Every time you run MultiBeast, it creates a new org...Boot.plst file, so you have to change your mod's. If you checked the 64bit..GraphicsEnable=No option in MultiBeast, it will be in the ...Boot.plst file. However, the AtiConfig kernel extension will have to be added each time. Thus, I have a text file with my add-ins and each time I run MultiBeast and before I reboot, I add them back into the ...Boot.plst file.

BTW, I don't know why your setup isn't working like my system. I've got OpenCl working - run LuxMark 2 to see.

Sorry,

I am really green. what are OpenCL and LuxMark 2?

Todd

BTW, do you have a snapshot of your MB settings for f12. I used the settings you posted for Zorro.

I added a partition and did a reinstall all over again carefully following the instructions. Now I have Graphics acceleration. Problem now is that I can only get to the desktop by typing GraphicsEnabler=No

I used your Zorro MultiBeast settings using the latest version of Multibeast and the F12 DSDT

You need to use this thread's info as this (Son-of-Zorro) build description uses the Z68X-UD3H & 6850. Zorro uses HD3000 for graphics. So, the info here is more germane to your build.

Ive studied this build but I can't find your MultiBeast snapshot in the build description? All I see is this. I believe it says you are using the settings from your Zorro build.

Once the BIOS was setup and before I saved and exited the BIOS, I inserted the UniBeast USB thumb drive into the front panel USB connector, saved my BIOS setup (F10), and let the computer reboot into the UniBeast USB thumb drive. I finished the Lion installation as prescribed in the tonymacx86 UniBeast Installation Guide. Below is my MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot from my Zorro build. NOTE: for the i5 processor, I chose the i5 SSDT, not the i7 SSDT. ;)

MultiBeast 4.6.1 for Lion 10.7.4 and Mountain Lion 10.8.0

27574-multibeast452for1074.jpg

Note:
1. To run two monitors, you have to select MacMini in MultiBeast's System Configuration.
2. I also check/selected Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet kext/driver as it's superior to the standard Realtek Ethernet kext/driver.​

I then reboot into the BIOS and reset the First Boot Drive parameter to HDD. I saved the BIOS again (F12), removed the UniBeast USB thumb drive and rebooted saving the BIOS setup (F10). The system booted off the SSD and, from Chimera, I booted into Lion. Everything is working including sleep/wake-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm confused. I posted a reference to it in post #35 above on how I installed Snow Leopard. Are you still trying to do that now or are you upgrading to Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back