Contribute
Register

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i7-2700K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i5-2500K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

I added it with the other Graphics stuff. Order doesn't matter. Go for it!

All right I will. I think I will partition the drive as well, just in case. I assume you should also have the card installed?

Once I am done installing on the new partition how do I boot into the second partition without iBoot?

I did it and now I have the 6850 graphics!!!!!!. Fantastic. Is there anything I can do to speedup boot time? It takes a good 90 seconds until I see the desktop. My Macbook Pro boots a lot faster. At first my GPU was showing up as a AMD Radeon HD 6850 now it says it's a ATI Radeon HD N140. Works just fine.

Non issue. Once I got the Graphics working I just deleted the original partition

Congratulations, citydog! You olde dog, you! :D :clap:

Now, backup your working copy and starting adding your apps.

Good luck! Keep us informed. :thumbup:

Ooooooops! I think the celebration was a bit premature. I tested the card out with Chess and it appears I have problems with graphics acceleration. The computer just locks up, spinning color wheel, I have to force quit. Any thoughts?

Nope. Unfortunately, I do not have access to Son-of-Zorro as I'm away for the holidays. I seem to remember this condition from long ago. So, you might search for it in the Snow Leopard Desktop Support forum section.

Did you add the GE=No (abbreviation) and AtiConfig=Bulrushes to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plst? The GE=No should have been put into the .Boot.plst file by MultiBeast 3.10 if you followed my MultiBeast setup. You could try GE=Yes at the Chameria boot up to see if that has any affect. But, I'm unable to try things for you. :(

Thanks for the response. Let me know what you find out when you get back.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back