Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork, can you guide us through an OC install into Mohave? This install guide by jonz is useless, and its full of holes and references to other places that make no sense. We trust you, please guide us into OC and Mohave or Catalina. PLEASE!!!!

Last edited:
I've been a mac user since 1984, and a hack user since 2007 and this OC stuff is for the birds. Not one single install for this machine makes any sence and I've tried them all. If you are going to reference other sites, at least tel us what to look for.

Honestly, that OC tutorial is crap.

Hi @moabyte, as said, follow the guide to have detailed steps : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

The goal is for you to be independent and understand what you are doing.

where are you stuck?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 7.52.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 7.52.14 AM.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 36
Stork, can you guide us through an OC install into Mohave? This install guide by jonz is useless, and its full of holes and references to other places that make no sense. We trust you, please guide us into OC and Mohave or Catalina. PLEASE!!!!
I'm still using Clover with Mojave. Works well enough for now. Honestly, I haven't had the time to learn OC, yet. Soon I hope.

Hi @moabyte, as said, follow the guide to have detailed steps : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

The goal is for you to be independent and understand what you are doing.

where are you stuck?
I managed to get it to boot and it seems to all be working. What had me stuck was editing the config.plastic. There’s a lot of stuff in there, and I found the tool they suggested over on the OC setup guides worked better for me. I’d say this install method is a bit more advanced than the Clover install. I’m sure its a familiarity thing and I’ll come to embrace OC. I had some security issues first couple times, easy to fix.

I managed to get it to boot and it seems to all be working. What had me stuck was editing the config.plastic. There’s a lot of stuff in there, and I found the tool they suggested over on the OC setup guides worked better for me. I’d say this install method is a bit more advanced than the Clover install. I’m sure its a familiarity thing and I’ll come to embrace OC. I had some security issues first couple times, easy to fix.
The only issue I have is the machine goes to sleep after a couple hours and I have all the power management stuff turned off. It wakes from sleep, but no sound. Any idea where to start trying to fix the sleep issues? I read through the online materials, not sure where to start or what to look at.

@moabyte I disabled those power management settings :

In Terminal App, type :
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0

You can type "pmset -g" to read your settings.

@moabyte I disabled those power management settings :

In Terminal App, type :
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0

You can type "pmset -g" to read your settings.
Thank you, I did this and it seems to be doing ok. The monitor sleeps proper and system stays awake.

Do you know if we can overclock? I have the unlocked i7.

Thank you, I did this and it seems to be doing ok. The monitor sleeps proper and system stays awake.

I simply overclocked mine in the BIOS of the motherboard. Then in OSX what ever I overclocked to shows in the Intel Power Gadget.

Sure, I have my 6700K @ 4,6 from day 1 !

You can watch this tutorial

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back