Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using El Capitan? Or Sierra? There maybe a newer version of IntelMausiEthernet in the Download/Kexts menu.

If so, download the newer version, unzip it, and put it on the Desktop. Open /YourDrive/Library/Extensions/ and trash the older version. Run KextBeast (Downloads) selecting /L/E. Confirmed that it is now in the /L/E/ folder. Reboot.

Unfortunately, that's the only solution that comes to mind because my Ethernet works as it should work.
Thank you Stork! My power supply went out the a couple of hours after i was having trouble with the ethernet. After putting in the new power supply the issue seems to have been resolved (fingers crossed). :)

So just to clarify @Stork, now that MultiBeast 9 is out, it seems that the best path for an update from 10.11.6 -> 10.12 in my case of having Clover not updating, is to use Unibeast 7.0.1 to create a Sierra install drive, boot to the flash drive, install Sierra which will update 10.11 to 10.12 and then run MultiBeast 9 with the same settings you initially noted in your instructions at the beginning of this post, correct?

@yllapilate, are you able to have native bluetooth and wi-fi connectivity for continuity and handoff with the hardware built-in to the Alpha version of this HERO board? It would be nice to not have to add the PCI cards if the functions will work out of the box.

Last edited:
I've updated both MyHero and Gene builds to Sierra 10.12.0. See this short set of procedures in my Gene thread; they are the same for MyHero without the M.2 NVMe SSD. I used UniBeast and MultiBeast for Sierra and installed over my El Capitan installation. Working as it would on a Mac.

I've updated both MyHero and Gene builds to Sierra 10.12.0. See this short set of procedures in my Gene thread; they are the same for MyHero without the M.2 NVMe SSD. I used UniBeast and MultiBeast for Sierra and installed over my El Capitan installation. Working as it would on a Mac.

I also have upgraded. From all our previous discussions. I had to use all the weird little fixes as I did on the 10.11 install. Plus some. I would like to ask if you have FCPX would you mind trying it out and running a few test's. I used mine last night and done some film I had shot earlier in the week. Thought it seemed strangely slower. So I have one that I know to test with and low and behold Sierra was so much slower.

Unfortunately, I haven't done any video processing in years. Thus, I don't have FCX.

So would you recommend the update? Is everything working well under Sierra?

It depends on what you use you system for?...production?...hobby? As a long time OS X user, I've learned to upgrade my "production" system at the 10.x.3 release because that's about the release when most of the bugs have been exterminated. However, that being said, I'm pleased with the ease of upgrading and performance so far. But, both the build and the drivers/kexts are still immature. So, if you don't need Siri :lol:, then I'd hold off with upgrading to Sierra. The upgrade will only get better with 10.12.1/2/3. (The money is on 10.12.1 for support of the new Macs.)

I have reverted back to 10.11.6. My pro apps are just to slow. Esp Final Cut Pro x. I suggest as Stork said wait. Other nick and knacks just really didn't like in Seirra.

I have reverted back to 10.11.6. My pro apps are just to slow. Esp Final Cut Pro x. I suggest as Stork said wait. Other nick and knacks just really didn't like in Seirra.
One of my favorite coaches' advice is "don't rush to fail." :thumbup:

One of my favorite coaches' advice is "don't rush to fail." :thumbup:
Oh diff. Even my install was just to see how much fun it would be since my original install was such a nightmare. I usually do as you do even on my MacBook Pro and iMac. Nowadays it's so easy to clone a drive and play around I thought what the heck. But unfortunately with the pro apps being so sluggish I can't justify playing around with it anymore and use the programs I need. Most of the stuff you see on my YouTube page is for fun. The main stuff is for the client and I don't post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back