Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can do is first instalation. After first reboot, using the stick, I cannot boot into the disk.

The photo added is what happens with -v

Hi,

I'm getting ready to purchase the components for my 2nd mackintosh build.My first is about just about 5 years old and I'm looking to use this new machine for mostly graphic design and video animation. I was planning on following the recommended build list for a "custo mac pro". I stumbled upon this threads build for the hero and am curious as to what are the benefits of an ASUS MB over a Gigabyte or even the x99 I've seen a few posts about.

Thank you, I appreciate any help!

The only thing I can do is first instalation. After first reboot, using the stick, I cannot boot into the disk.

The photo added is what happens with -v
Do you have both of the graphics card installed in the HERO? If so, use just the GTX 760.

I'm getting ready to purchase the components for my 2nd mackintosh build.My first is about just about 5 years old and I'm looking to use this new machine for mostly graphic design and video animation. I was planning on following the recommended build list for a "custo mac pro". I stumbled upon this threads build for the hero and am curious as to what are the benefits of an ASUS MB over a Gigabyte or even the x99 I've seen a few posts about...
The Gene and then the HERO were my first ASUS motherboards after years of Gigabyte motherboards. I was impressed how easy it was to get macOS installed and running on these two motherboards. The BIOS offers easy setup and, if you're into overclocking, the BIOS has a optimization capability to get you started.

Depending upon how rigorous your video animation is going to drive your use, and, thus, you component selection, the MyHero would give you a good bang for your buck, especially if you need the extra PCIe slots. If not, then pastrychef and I love the GENE. I recommend you look at BoomR's [Success] BoomR's build description 360/VR Production Build > GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE - i7 6700K - NVIDIA GTX 970 to see if you want to spend more money on a X99 system. BoomR does some serious professional video production. Both pastrychef and BoomR use their hackintoshes for professional work. Here's pastrychef's GENE build description.

Now, keep in mind, that, if you use a M.2 NVMe SSD, you will be in for a bit work if you are a beginner with hackintoshing. I recommend a M.2 ACHI SSD, instead, for each of installation as I did with MyHero.

@Stork
I tried with nvidia, with amd and without any card and same result and same text in -v screen.

I reflash bios motherboard to different versions.

I checked motherboard installing windows (horrible software) and works fine.

I can't download in app store a previous version than 10.12.4 that could be a solution... any idea could helpme... i believe is not unibeast or the new clover in unibeast...

@hisartwork this build is amaizing except this fresh install that i am doing, that.maybe is my knowledge the problem. I work as FCX and Da Vinci editor, working with 3 or 4 TB for project, doing renders in 4k and no problem. Avoid M.2 the difference with SSd is.minimal and is expensive. Capitan IS faster than Sierra in about 30%. Tested. But when you download Sierra in your macbook, app Store detect you osx and you cant activate El Capitan. If i can return to Captain, I will be very happy!

@Stork And @budafilms

Thank you both, this build is mostly what I plan on doing already except for that motherboard, but I'll take both of your words and go with this asus board! I also already have two standard SSDs I plan on using to avoid headache of the m.2. Is sierra really that much slower? I installed on my current hackintosh a couple months ago and have not noticed difference yet but also have not done much ok it since...

@Stork And @budafilms

Thank you both, this build is mostly what I plan on doing already except for that motherboard, but I'll take both of your words and go with this asus board! I also already have two standard SSDs I plan on using to avoid headache of the m.2. Is sierra really that much slower? I installed on my current hackintosh a couple months ago and have not noticed difference yet but also have not done much ok it since...

30% in FCX and 15fps per second in Resolve. I do renders everyday. Its slower, not slow. I read in other sites that users are waiting a little more fast processor.

@budafilms

Any recommendations for graphics cards? I mostly use photoshop, illustrator, indesign, after effects and premier, and I think the 6700k will probably come in handy for these, but what about GPU, was thinking of just getting the gtx 1050. I do not do any gaming. But I do have one 4k 100%srgb monitor on its way that I'd like to be able to push two of them eventually.

@budafilms

Any recommendations for graphics cards? I mostly use photoshop, illustrator, indesign, after effects and premier, and I think the 6700k will probably come in handy for these, but what about GPU, was thinking of just getting the gtx 1050. I do not do any gaming. But I do have one 4k 100%srgb monitor on its way that I'd like to be able to push two of them eventually.

Nvidia 970 its more than enough.

In the home page, Tonymac has post about Pascal driver. There users are uploading test with this new cards. You can compare both. I see 1050 its not better even than a 960. Take a look there could be better for your deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back