Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to setup and run Parallels with the BIOS parameter VT-d > Disable. I believe that's for another type of virtualization which you aren't doing. If Parallels doesn't work well, you can always reset the VT-d to Enable. But, check the HERO's User Manual, BIOS section, to be sure.

Try to setup and run Parallels with the BIOS parameter VT-d > Disable. I believe that's for another type of virtualization which you aren't doing. If Parallels doesn't work well, you can always reset the VT-d to Enable. But, check the HERO's User Manual, BIOS section, to be sure.

You are correct VT-d not the kind of virtualization Parallels needs. I enabled it, and the build works just fine.

I had to enable Intel Virtualization (disabled by default on this board). Build works fine and Parallels works like magic.

Stork I have been thinking about getting my handoff and airdrop up and running and I noticed that you updated your system a little while ago also. When I first saw it I was going to order it but waited I looked at the card again today to maybe order it and the card looks completely different what what I remember and the listing says nothing about bluetooth. I don't think that the link is to the correct card anymore. Can you confirm this? Thanks!

Stork I have been thinking about getting my handoff and airdrop up and running and I noticed that you updated your system a little while ago also. When I first saw it I was going to order it but waited I looked at the card again today to maybe order it and the card looks completely different what what I remember and the listing says nothing about bluetooth. I don't think that the link is to the correct card anymore. Can you confirm this? Thanks!

Best price that I found was at AliExpress, bought it 2 days ago! Lets wait

http://s.aliexpress.com/3ENFrMZZ

Yes, it appears to be. That card works very well for me.

I made a fresh 10.12.4 install and I can't pass the second boot. Someone have tried a full instalation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170415-163031.png
    Screenshot_20170415-163031.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back