Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah oddly enough it didn’t do that... I wonder if that cpu damaged the motherboard?
Have you tried clearing CMOS? Remember to disconnect the power cable before clearing CMOS.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Have you tried clearing CMOS? Remember to disconnect the power cable before clearing CMOS.
I'm waiting for some new parts to come in and try this. Never tried it without powercable, thought power was needed to be in to clear it.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.1GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm waiting for some new parts to come in and try this. Never tried it without powercable, thought power was needed to be in to clear it.
No. It's important to NOT have power when clearing CMOS.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have found some problem with creating working installation drive for High sierra for this build. Whille boot stucks after whole installation, I decided to replicate system disk from simillar bulid, and viola! No problem with boot, no problem at all.
Did anyone found difficulties with creating working installation USB for High Sierra?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
...Did anyone found difficulties with creating working installation USB for High Sierra?
Nope. Did you use UniBeast to create your USB installation thumb drive?

Motherboard
Q77 Board
CPU
I7 3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Does anyone know of the Ranger version of this motherboard would work with this tutorial? I can't seem to find a decently prices Hero. Or anyone want to chime in how much they paid for theirs.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 530
CPU
Q9650
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Sure - here we go. OC runs very smooth. Beneath is a short ramp up of whats working / not working.

Please keep in mind that I set "show picker" to false in my config.plist to get a "real macOS" feeling using only hotkeys on boot to enter Win10. ;-)

Here's whats working so far:
  • Sound via HDMI (GFX) = OK
  • Sound (analog/digital Input and Output) via motherboard = OK
  • iMessage including SMS forwarding = OK
  • Instant Hotspot (iPhone 11) = OK
  • iPhone calls (iPhone 11) = OK
  • AirPlay (Audio and Video) = OK
  • Bluetooth = OK
  • Handoff/Continuity (iPhone > Hack) = OK
  • Handoff/Continuity (Hack > iPhone) = OK
  • Universal clipboard (iPhone > Hack) = OK
  • Universal clipboard (Hack > iPhone) = OK
  • AirDrop (Hack > iPhone) = OK
  • AirDrop (iPhone > Hack) = OK
  • Continuity camera = OK
  • Sidecar (iPad Pro 12,9" 2018) = OK
  • Apple Pay (via iPhone / AppleWatch) = OK
  • Sleep = OK
And here's whats not working
  • Auto unlock with Apple Watch = NOK
    • I successfully activated my Apple Watch in the system preferences to unlock my hack. But when I locked my account and want to unlocked via the watch, it just provides the typical information like "Unlocking with Apple Watch" ... this lasts for about 2-3 seconds and then suddenly change to password input field. :crazy:
      With clover unlocking works fine

EDIT: After setting both hibernatemode and proximitywake to 0 the sleepmode seems to work fine. :headbang:
This is very cool, aside from the shared EFI (THANK YOU!) could you make a rough bullet point of the steps or what is different from the original guide to do a new install and/or migration? It sounds like OpenCore is really reducing the quirk level and I'm really looking forward to that right now for this build.

Concerns about this being in beta still seem to no longer be a serious consideration with all the movement to OpenCore. Every single post I'm seeing with newer OpenCore builds is a significant improvement over Clover.