Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have to do anything to make Hdmi and HDMI audio work? I have close to the same specs as you do except for the graphics card which is a gtx 1070 and i cant seem to make hdmi audio work. Hdmi image worked 1 time out of 3, the other 2 the system completely froze, was unable to move mouse, keyboard , etc. Only solution was to restart via the power button on the case. Any help by any chance?

I just want to say my hdmi audio worked after install. Both 10.11 and 10.12. I do however have the Maximus extreme. I do not know if this matters or not. I don't use hdmi so I opted for the line out method. Display port supports 60hz and supports my needs for 4k 60hz video editing.

Hey @Stork, regarding the part of your guide that says:

For proper processor power management, get the SSDT for your processor from ammulder's Guide and rename it SSDT.aml; I chose the SSDT for my i7-6700K. Note: ammulder's SSDTs are for non overclocking speeds; for overclocking, you'll need to create a SSDT for your processor using PikeRalpha's ssdtPRGen.sh script located here.

I did not check wether my power management is correct or not as I don't really know how to do that, should I download my processor (i7 6700) ssdt file from that guide and put it in the patched folder? Things work over here but I would hate to pass on the chance of having a more cooled and less noisy system to be honest.

@Stork - Actually, that's a good question - how does one check that the SSDT.aml is having the desired effect?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.25.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.25.37 PM.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 196
SSDT.aml will help with proper power management and SpeedStep.

Use the Intel Power Gadget to monitor whether or not both of those are working properly.

SSDT.aml will help with proper power management and SpeedStep.

Use the Intel Power Gadget to monitor whether or not both of those are working properly.

Ye I'm aware of that, thing is I don't know how to interpret those graphs Intel Power Gadget provides me. Feel free to explain! Kinda have the feel my cpu is not at its best.

Some symptoms that SpeedStep is not working properly are (1) CPU never reaches it's max clock speed, (2) CPU is stuck at one speed, (3) CPU never clocks down to the lowest SpeedStep level, (4) CPU never goes in to Turbo mode. Intel Power Gadget can be used to monitor for these symptoms.

To find the specific states that your CPU are capable of, you can search Intel's site for the data sheet to whichever CPU you are interested in.

If sleep is not working right for you, one of the reason can be that you do not have a proper SSDT.aml file.

What would be the proper forum in which to post queries concerning SSDT.aml? I don't want to take up Stork's thread...

EDIT: Duh, NVM - there's an SSDT forum under Installation... :O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back