2x Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How did you make the other drive?
Following the guide here for Seirra. Remember I had always had a boot issue with the El Capitain. Now its back on this drive I just made
Try to switch OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to the one from here

Im using the osxaptiofix2000 which makes my working drive fully boot. There is something else I am missing.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370-G GAMING (WI-Fi AC)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Try to use EFI/Clover from working HD.

I meant to say in original post that works fine using the working EFI folder. I just want to figure out what the difference is. So that if I was to ever loose the working EFI folder(Which I now have on dropbox, google drive and one drive) I know how to fix. Something like this drives me crazy and cant stand not knowing.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...170-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.197284

I meant to say in original post that works fine using the working EFI folder. I just want to figure out what the difference is. So that if I was to ever loose the working EFI folder(Which I now have on dropbox, google drive and one drive) I know how to fix. Something like this drives me crazy and cant stand not knowing.
Then just compare the config.plists and folders in EFI/Clover and check for differences.
It´s not that complicated

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Then just compare the config.plists and folders in EFI/Clover and check for differences.
It´s not that complicated

I have I give up. I can take the EFI folder that works and install osx over and over and it works perfectly. I go and try from scratch and nothing boots less than half the time. Ill just keep my good efi folder in several places for safe keeping.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980
Hello

I have this build functioning except for one thing.
I can't seem to get my microphone ( my headset is Sennheiser Gamezero, i have it connected on the rear pink channel)...
I installed voodooHDA v2.8.8 and nope, still nothing.
Tried to use voodoo settings to increase mic, line, recording and input gain lvl to max. :(
Any help/suggestion?

Btw does anyone know a software to edit keys?
I'm using a windows keyboard (corsair strafe rgb) some keys are different like § ± etc ( And yes my keyboard type is correct )

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...170-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.197284

Hello

I have this build functioning except for one thing.
I can't seem to get my microphone ( my headset is Sennheiser Gamezero, i have it connected on the rear pink channel)...
I installed voodooHDA v2.8.8 and nope, still nothing.
Tried to use voodoo settings to increase mic, line, recording and input gain lvl to max. :(
Any help/suggestion?

Btw does anyone know a software to edit keys?
I'm using a windows keyboard (corsair strafe rgb) some keys are different like § ± etc ( And yes my keyboard type is correct )
If you by writing "I have this build functioning" mean you have same hardware (or same motherboard) as Stork why are you using voodooHDA v2.8.8 ?
Se OP and use the Multibeast settings for Audio shown there
I only know one keyboard remapping software but at the moment it´s not supporting Sierra so you have to wait for an update.
https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/
I have for several years used windows keyboard an got used to it (I´m doing a lot of windows support on my dual boot hack)
so with a little patience you can find all keys and key combination for Mac

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980

If you by writing "I have this build functioning" mean you have same hardware (or same motherboard) as Stork why are you using voodooHDA v2.8.8 ?
Se OP and use the Multibeast settings for Audio shown there
I only know one keyboard remapping software but at the moment it´s not supporting Sierra so you have to wait for an update.
https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/
I have for several years used windows keyboard an got used to it (I´m doing a lot of windows support)
so with a little patience you can find all keys for Mac

Yes, i do have the same motherboard, CPU and GPU.
I didn't have my mic working, tried reinstalling the Hackintosh, exactly as the instructions said and nope.
My final attempt was when i tried to use voodooHDA v2.8.8 and still nothing as well.
Both ways don't work, the one in the guide and my desperate attempt with voodoo.
( i cloned my OSX before installing voodoo just in case, and i reverted the changes now).

Ahh too bad! Will wait for an update on that software, thanks!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Yes, i do have the same motherboard, CPU and GPU.
I didn't have my mic working, tried reinstalling the Hackintosh, exactly as the instructions said and nope.
My final attempt was when i tried to use voodooHDA v2.8.8 and still nothing as well.
Both ways don't work, the one in the guide and my desperate attempt with voodoo.
( i cloned my OSX before installing voodoo just in case, and i reverted the changes now).

Ahh too bad! Will wait for an update on that software, thanks!

If it´s not working then my best guess is that it´s a motherboard failure
You should return it for RMA
Have you installed Windows on it and did audio work there ?
I´m using a different MB as you can se in my profile (you should update your profile to with your system info as it makes it a lot easier when you need support )
But with same Audio codec ALC 1050 And it´s working in both Os Sierra an Windows 10

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980
Status
Not open for further replies.