Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork, are you using a Magic Mouse with your Fenvi wifi/bluetooth card? I use a Magic Mouse 2 with that card and suffer increasing lag over time--not really noticeable at first, possibly after a day or two of not rebooting, until lag eventually becomes very frustrating. I've been making due with a dongle (Iogear GBU521) that I have to connect (turn off BT, plugin, turn on BT, pair as needed) after logging into OS X because not recognized in uefi or clover boot loader. Wondering if you were having success or if anyone with a Hero is able to use a bluetooth dongle in uefi & clover.

I use an original Mighty/Magic Mouse with my builds. I've not noticed any lags when using the systems with the Fenvi WiFi/BT cards.

I'm having trouble putting my unit to sleep. When I manually try from the Apple menu, my unit goes to sleep for a few seconds then starts right back up. Looking at console I see the following, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Does anyone have any insight?

apsd <APSPreferences: 0x7fc50b401680>: Preferences may have changed, checking for any relevant changes
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor ProfileCallback Entered token:1
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor::setStreamEventHandler
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor::setStreamEventHandler Registered for notification callback.
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor::setStreamEventHandler Woken up by notifyd.

I'm having trouble putting my unit to sleep. When I manually try from the Apple menu, my unit goes to sleep for a few seconds then starts right back up. Looking at console I see the following, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Does anyone have any insight?

apsd <APSPreferences: 0x7fc50b401680>: Preferences may have changed, checking for any relevant changes
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor ProfileCallback Entered token:1
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor::setStreamEventHandler
corecaptured CCProfileMonitor::setStreamEventHandler Registered for notification callback.
Do you have the HERO motherboard based system? Your Profile states you have a MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard based system.

Do you have the HERO motherboard based system? Your Profile states you have a MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard based system.

I do, but I just finished the build and hadn't updated my profile.

I'm having trouble putting my unit to sleep
This happens to me most of the time with manual sleep. But it usually remains sleeping on second manual attempt.
I use the following command in terminal when curious to see what's preventing sleep:
pmset -g assertions
It will list all your usb, bt, and magic wake devices and identify which if any is preventing sleep (you can probably ignore IODisplayWrangler as a culprit, as it seems to always be listed, regardless of whether it can sleep or not)

This happens to me most of the time with manual sleep. But it usually remains sleeping on second manual attempt.
I use the following command in terminal when curious to see what's preventing sleep:
pmset -g assertions
It will list all your usb, bt, and magic wake devices and identify which if any is preventing sleep (you can probably ignore IODisplayWrangler as a culprit, as it seems to always be listed, regardless of whether it can sleep or not)

That is exactly my case, the second time it usually stays asleep. Thank you for the command, I'm curious to find out the problem.

@Stork

I have 10.12.4 running perfect in my common SSD.
I bought a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 and I want to install the system and the software.
What procedure do you for recommend me?

I read this guide but it's not up to date and I don't have windows https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

I appreciate your recommendations.
Ah, but you are mistaken about RehabMan's guide being out of date - it isn't. I recommend you read for understanding Post #1 and use the forum's search for "evo" in that thread as several members have asked about the 960 EVO M.2.

I used a M.2 ACHI SSD (not a NVMe) for MyHero, and, thus, don't need to use the patch-nvme and SSDT spoofing technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back