Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe ASUS has a Qualified Vendor List on the HERO's support web page.

I just learned about the problems with iBooks and nvidia cards. As i have a nearly identical build to the one in this thread: do you guys have the onboard graphic card enabled? I did that to be atleast able to start iBooks. I still got some graphical "artifacts" with it.

Nope, iGPU is not enabled. See Post #1, BIOS Setup, to see what BIOS changes I used after invoking the Optimum Defaults.

I don't use iBooks; I've been using a Kindle for years. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks. Just a quick question: on page one you mentioned that you start of with SMBIOS 14,2 but want to try others aswell. Do you still use 14,2 or switched to 17,1 which officially supports Skylake? I was wondering this, because ssdtPRGen.sh is complaining with SMBIOS 14,2 that it is not compatible with Skylake. I tested 14,2 and 17,1 - both seem to run great so far. Which one should i run?

Oh and another note: i did install a Fenvi FV-T919 in this build. At first only WIFI and Airdrop was working. But Handoff / Continuity didnt. I had to logout all devices from iCloud and relogin, after that everything works. Even unlock with Apple-Watch works - YAY.

I believe ASUS has a Qualified Vendor List on the HERO's support web page.
I exchange my SSD, and then I could install the system, but when I use MultiBest to install, It displayed " The installation failed ", how can I solve this problem?

Try running MultiBeast again, making sure you're selecting the right configuration items. Compare my MultiBeast Build window with yours before installing.

Try running MultiBeast again, making sure you're selecting the right configuration items. Compare my MultiBeast Build window with yours before installing.
I double checked, mine is same as yours, do I need install HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext first that you mentioned

Attachments

• IMG_5135.JPG
    IMG_5135.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back