Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Stork
I finally finish my first built. Appreciate you give me a lot of help.
When I shut down and restart, the hardware and system seem working. But the monitor no post, the only way I can do is push the reset button, and then the monitor works. every time I have to press twice. Once power button and Once reset button. Do you know how can I fix that?

Last edited:
No, that's a new problem on me. I recommend you post your problem in the Graphics forum section after reviewing other GTX 980 Ti problem threads there. Also take a look at slim.jim's trouble shooting sticky thread.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

Want to chime in that the update to 10.12.4 using the combo update went perfectly, though I don't know if it was necessary. I probably wouldn't have updated at all if I weren't experiencing the following weird problem.

I develop Drupal using a Vagrant virtual machine. My workflow includes CodeKit which functions as a reverse proxy to the Vagrant box and allows me to connect to my dev sites on my LAN and use Browser Sync to see changes I make in real time.

Oddly, on this machine, using CodeKit's Browser Sync function caused my Ethernet to loose connection. After battling the problem for awhile (and considering dropping money on a Sonnet card) I tried replacing IntelMausiEthernet for AppleIntelE1000e. This solved the problem. Is there a downside to this? So far so good, AFAIK.

Oddly, on this machine, using CodeKit's Browser Sync function caused my Ethernet to loose connection. After battling the problem for awhile (and considering dropping money on a Sonnet card) I tried replacing IntelMausiEthernet for AppleIntelE1000e. This solved the problem. Is there a downside to this? So far so good, AFAIK.

I don't think there are any downsides. Use whichever driver works best for you.

Does anyone have video streaming in itunes working? I have trailers working is seems but can't stream any purchased movie in itunes. Have I missed something in this thread?

Does anyone have video streaming in itunes working? I have trailers working is seems but can't stream any purchased movie in itunes. Have I missed something in this thread?
Not in this thread. There's a kext that is supposed to over come the DRM problem which we have with hackintoshs, but I can't remember the forum section I saw it described. I recommend you search the forum with "DRM itunes".

I don't watch movies on my systems as I have Netflix on my HDTV.

After installing the Nvidia driver and I go to mount the EFI partition I get the following error. Help appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 23.19.00.png

I got round the problem by mounting the partition first then installing the driver. My GTX 980TI is now running.

Last edited:
Is it possible to get over 2560 x 1440?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back