Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I did was update Clover using Clover Configurator... Any way to prevent this from happening next time?

Just make sure you have the right options checked when you are in the Clover installer....

Look in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ and see which Aptio fixes you have installed.

I have ApfsDriverLoader.efi and that's it...

Which options should I have checked? I just installed without changing anything and the only 2 options checked on the install by default were the very first 2 (1- clover for UEFI booting only; 2- install clover in the esp). Thank you!

Last edited:
I have ApfsDriverLoader.efi and that's it...

Which options should I have checked? I just installed without changing anything and the only 2 options checked on the install by default were the very first 2 (1- clover for UEFI booting only; 2- install clover in the esp). Thank you!

You will need at least an Aptio fix. AptioMemoryFix.efi should work for you.
You should also install HfsPlus.efi.

That's the probably the absolute bare minimum... If you want FileVault working or ability to boot from other file systems, you will need the appropriate drivers.

I installed the aptiomemoryfix and it works again. Thank you so much! I couldn't however find the HfsPlus.efi in the installer. Regardless, everything is working, so not sure if I need it...

I installed the aptiomemoryfix and it works again. Thank you so much! I couldn't however find the HfsPlus.efi in the installer. Regardless, everything is working, so not sure if I need it...

The HfsPlus.efi is not included in the Clover installer package because it is from Apple and they don't want Apple's lawyers knocking on their door... Search around with Google and you will easily find it.

I would recommend to get RX 570/580 if you can and macOS works very well with sleep/wake. I would wait on 5700 XT as it's not working 100% at this point until future macOS updates or someone creates a patch for it.

It's been fixed, and I have iGPU disabled in BIOS.

Thanks

@remington Hi. I bought MSI RX 560 ITX which is officialy natively supported by Apple. Is I'm right in my steps?
1) Enabled patches in ACPI section
1573217218064.png

2) Reboot. Switch graphics in BIOS - mark eGPU as primary
3) Reboot. Enjoy!

GFX0 to iGPU is already included in WhateverGreen so you can delete that line.
If you disable iGPU in BIOS then enable PEGP to GFX0.

Recently there is a problem with AppleALC causing reboots after waking from sleep. AppleALC is a patch for onboard audio and iGPU audio. There's two solutions to this:

1) Remove AppleALC if you're using audio thru RX DP/HDMI
2) Add 'No-hda-gfx' to Boot -> Arguments to disable iGPU audio

AppleALC doesn't have anything to do with RX video card so I removed AppleALC, disabled onboard audio and disabled iGPU since my monitor have built-in speakers and audio jack. It's all good and no reboots.

GFX0 to iGPU is already included in WhateverGreen so you can delete that line.
If you disable iGPU in BIOS then enable PEGP to GFX0.

Recently there is a problem with AppleALC causing reboots after waking from sleep. AppleALC is a patch for onboard audio and iGPU audio. There's two solutions to this:

1) Remove AppleALC if you're using audio thru RX DP/HDMI
2) Add 'No-hda-gfx' to Boot -> Arguments to disable iGPU audio

AppleALC doesn't have anything to do with RX video card so I removed AppleALC, disabled onboard audio and disabled iGPU since my monitor have built-in speakers and audio jack. It's all good and no reboots.

ok. But if I don't want to disable iGPU - the only thing I need is to change my default card in BIOS and that's it. Right? Or I just can install Radeon in system and it gonna work?

Last edited:
ok. But if I don't want to disable iGPU - the only thing I need is to change my default card in BIOS and that's it. Right?

Yes you can enable PEG as Primary Display and enable iGPU Multi-Monitor in BIOS.

I'm testing using system definition iMacPro1,1 as it has NO support for iGPU, therefore, making RX as full primary video card including video encoding/decoding. It also works good with Apple TV Plus app too. I will let you know if its stable with no sleep/wake issues.

iMac17,1 doesn't work with TV Plus app since it only shows black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back